Price drop??

chris330r

We booked just last week for Sensation 8/24 with Pack & Go rate for $607.40 total paid in full.

Now this morning Carnival has a "Past Guest Sale" out (which we both are) and the same cruise we booked is $547.40 total.

Both sales are guarantee cabin assignments....so, do we qualify for the price drop? I haven't cruised in almost 10 years so I have absolutely no clue how this works...but $60 OBC would be nice to get. Any advice?

Ok, thanks....on the bright side though, it's only $60 bucks so no worries.

However...theoretically...if we cancel and rebook....wouldn't we just pay the $50 cancel fee and still come out with $10 extra bucks? LOL...Not that we'd do that, but just wondering if that's possible.

Edited by chris330r

I just had to rebook a cruise yesterday. I "did" have ES and it did cost me $50/person to rebook. All I had to do was contact Carnival (phone) and let them do the rebooking for me. Granted, I am still outside of final payment and still ES. And today, with the Past Guest sale, I saved an additional $70.

However...theoretically...if we cancel and rebook....wouldn't we just pay the $50 cancel fee and still come out with $10 extra bucks? LOL...Not that we'd do that, but just wondering if that's possible.

Your cancellation fee at this point would be 75% of your total fare -not $50

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ok, I contacted my wonderful PVP, and he confirmed what was said here. Out of luck for OBC but he said Carnival would allow him to upgrade us to a better room "if available".

We're both easygoing and just exited to be cruising in 4 short weeks that if we get it, that's wonderful...and if not...that's fine too. We're still going to have ourselves a great time! :)

I don't know which penalty phase you are in so you would lose whatever money that is. But a lot of times these specials are for "New bookings only". For $10 of that's what it would cost you, I wouldn't worry about it. It will take a few days to a week to be credited back to your CC and then to reserve your new booking you will need to pay again immediately. More hassle than it's worth to me. And I'm Mrs Bargain Hunter. But this time I would pass.

We booked just last week for Sensation 8/24 with Pack & Go rate for $607.40 total paid in full.

Now this morning Carnival has a "Past Guest Sale" out (which we both are) and the same cruise we booked is $547.40 total.

Both sales are guarantee cabin assignments....so, do we qualify for the price drop? I haven't cruised in almost 10 years so I have absolutely no clue how this works...but $60 OBC would be nice to get. Any advice?

I'm booked on the Liberty next month. I changed to a pack n go rate last week. this morning...there was a past guest rate that was $100 cheaper. My final payment is past. The gentleman on the phone honored the price drop! he wouldn't give me OBC (I would rather have had that), but he DID refund my credit card. I was shocked. I did have a cabin assignment though before I called, but now I'm TBA again...that's OK though. I would call...all they can say is no. Good luck!

Edited by Lyncoya

I'm booked on the Liberty next month. I changed to a pack n go rate last week. this morning...there was a past guest rate that was $100 cheaper. My final payment is past. The gentleman on the phone honored the price drop! he wouldn't give me OBC (I would rather have had that), but he DID refund my credit card. I was shocked. I did have a cabin assignment though before I called, but now I'm TBA again...that's OK though. I would call...all they can say is no. Good luck!

Congrats on the refund! That's great! :)

This is what I've been reading on here a lot...If one agent says no, another one could say yes to the same thing. Strange. Do different agents just make their own rules?...But we're happy with the possibility of our PVP getting us a cabin upgrade so we're not going to make calls to other agents just for $60.

Congrats on the refund! That's great! :)

This is what I've been reading on here a lot...If one agent says no, another one could say yes to the same thing. Strange. Do different agents just make their own rules?...But we're happy with the possibility of our PVP getting us a cabin upgrade so we're not going to make calls to other agents just for $60.

Exactly!! You just never know what answer you will receive. Good luck with the upgrade. :)

Same thing happened to me on the Breeze paid in full and hours later the cruise price had dropped. However, I found out there was a forty-eight hour window and I'll be getting an OBC of $100. The cruise has dropped another $40.00 per person but Carnival tells me I'm out of luck. But it's still an amazing deal!

One of the past guest sales that I see is NOT for a cabin guarantee, and I was able to get my price adjusted this morning. Just call the 800 number and ask.