Double Digits until 11/2 Maiden Voyage but still questions unanswered

Well here we are at Double Digits in our countdown to Quantum of the Seas 11/2 Maiden Voyage and sadly still we have some unanswered questions.

When will we see full deck plans?

Where are the cabin floor plans?

When will we get the Retail/stores info.

And what about the Bars ...there must be more surely :confused:

What deck will we be boarding on?

Guest Entertainers - 3 on this sailing will we have to wait until we board to find out who or what they are?

There was mention before about a reveal with regards to Technology, I wonder if that will happen any time soon :confused:

We have the Entertainment, great, but no real details about the Late Night themed parties, will they be complimentary, should we bring along costumes etc for them, how often will they happen on each sailing ????

Also, although Sonic Odyssey is offered on other voyages why is it not available for the Maiden Voyage ?

Activities, North Star is supposedly meant to be able to be pre booked for special events, when is that going to be available I wonder.

Also Ripcord IFly, will that be available for pre booking ?

Circus School, there has been no word yet if this will be complimentary or if there will be a charge.

When Royal Caribbean announced last September that Transatlantics were to be now known as Ocean Voyages they said various things would be happening on them like lectures and Masquerade Parties but sadly no information has been forthcoming on any of these events.

Well, on 11/2 roll call we did get fed up waiting and so we have arranged our very own Masquerade Event and with over 60 signed up for it I think we are going to have a fabulous evening.

I really hope though that Royal doesn't decide to suddenly announce they are going to hold one on our sailing now and scupper all the hard work my contact in Oregon & the team in Miami have put into making our arrangements.

I do hope Royal does answer some of our questions soon as final payment time is coming up very soon and that is when people really decide if they are going on the cruise or not (although some have made final payment early)

There are probably other things I have missed out here that we still haven't had answers to. :(

No matter what the CC members on the 11/2 Maiden Voyage are going to have a fantastic time and we have lots of events and some surprises planned but come on Royal...please answer some of our questions at least before we board the ship in 99 days :D

Well here we are at Double Digits in our countdown to Quantum of the Seas 11/2 Maiden Voyage and sadly still we have some unanswered questions.

When will we see full deck plans?

Where are the cabin floor plans?

When will we get the Retail/stores info.

And what about the Bars ...there must be more surely :confused:

What deck will we be boarding on?

Guest Entertainers - 3 on this sailing will we have to wait until we board to find out who or what they are?

There was mention before about a reveal with regards to Technology, I wonder if that will happen any time soon :confused:

We have the Entertainment, great, but no real details about the Late Night themed parties, will they be complimentary, should we bring along costumes etc for them, how often will they happen on each sailing ????

Also, although Sonic Odyssey is offered on other voyages why is it not available for the Maiden Voyage ?

Activities, North Star is supposedly meant to be able to be pre booked for special events, when is that going to be available I wonder.

Also Ripcord IFly, will that be available for pre booking ?

Circus School, there has been no word yet if this will be complimentary or if there will be a charge.

When Royal Caribbean announced last September that Transatlantics were to be now known as Ocean Voyages they said various things would be happening on them like lectures and Masquerade Parties but sadly no information has been forthcoming on any of these events.

Well, on 11/2 roll call we did get fed up waiting and so we have arranged our very own Masquerade Event and with over 60 signed up for it I think we are going to have a fabulous evening.

I really hope though that Royal doesn't decide to suddenly announce they are going to hold one on our sailing now and scupper all the hard work my contact in Oregon & the team in Miami have put into making our arrangements.

I do hope Royal does answer some of our questions soon as final payment time is coming up very soon and that is when people really decide if they are going on the cruise or not (although some have made final payment early)

There are probably other things I have missed out here that we still haven't had answers to. :(

No matter what the CC members on the 11/2 Maiden Voyage are going to have a fantastic time and we have lots of events and some surprises planned but come on Royal...please answer some of our questions at least before we board the ship in 99 days :D

This is so frustrating, but the CC members have spoken, and are standing by RC.

So, without any consequence, why would they respond to the frustration?

It is getting really annoying that Royal Caribbean is not keeping it's paying passengers in the loop on what they've purchased. A few of these items though I think we will still have to wait on. The guest entertainers aren't usually available until just before sailing and even then they are tentative and not publicly posted, but must be requested. The parties aren't usually announced ahead of time either, but in this case the dynamic dining and entertainment is creating an unusual complexity that is forcing us to need this information sooner than usual. I know I've been trying to guess how they will handle it while making my dynamic dining reservations (yes 2 months and still working on it daily, doesn't help that RCCL keeps modifying my reservations and can't tell me why).

At this point the shows seem to be fairly finalized. They keep saying they are officially open for booking even though the site says they aren't, but we haven't seen any changes to the schedule in weeks. If I remember correctly the inaugural has Star Water every night of the sailing and something called "variety show" that nobody else has. I have to wonder if you will not get Sonic Odyssey because it's the same cast for both shows. I also tweeted William Close the other day to see if he would be onboard for the 11/23 and 12/1 sailings to help roll the show out and he said "it looks like that is the plan :)" so perhaps that show will not be added to the ship until after she arrives in the US. That would allow them to focus on making sure Star Water works during the delivery period and then they have the 2 weeks after she is in the US before the inaugural to rehearse Sonic Odyssey. It would not be the first time Royal Caribbean has given the cast members extra time to learn a show. Splish Splash on the Oasis wasn't running for the first several months even though it was pushed in the announcement marketing. How many nights do you have shows for? On the 8 night sailing we have 5 and on the 11 night sailing we only have 7. Mamma Mia technically is the length of 3 shows which I think RCCL is accounting for in some of their entertainment planning logic.

Edited by DEIx15x8

It is getting really annoying that Royal Caribbean is not keeping it's paying passengers in the loop on what they've purchased. A few of these items though I think we will still have to wait on. The guest entertainers aren't usually available until just before sailing and even then they are tentative and not publicly posted, but must be requested. The parties aren't usually announced ahead of time either, but in this case the dynamic dining and entertainment is creating an unusual complexity that is forcing us to need this information sooner than usual. I know I've been trying to guess how they will handle it while making my dynamic dining reservations (yes 2 months and still working on it daily, doesn't help that RCCL keeps modifying my reservations and can't tell me why).

At this point the shows seem to be fairly finalized. They keep saying they are officially open for booking even though the site says they aren't, but we haven't seen any changes to the schedule in weeks. If I remember correctly the inaugural has Star Water every night of the sailing and something called "variety show" that nobody else has. I have to wonder if you will not get Sonic Odyssey because it's the same cast for both shows. I also tweeted William Close the other day to see if he would be onboard for the 11/23 and 12/1 sailings to help roll the show out and he said "it looks like that is the plan :)" so perhaps that show will not be added to the ship until after she arrives in the US. That would allow them to focus on making sure Star Water works during the delivery period and then they have the 2 weeks after she is in the US before the inaugural to rehearse Sonic Odyssey. It would not be the first time Royal Caribbean has given the cast members extra time to learn a show. Splish Splash on the Oasis wasn't running for the first several months even though it was pushed in the announcement marketing. How many nights do you have shows for? On the 8 night sailing we have 5 and on the 11 night sailing we only have 7. Mamma Mia technically is the length of 3 shows which I think RCCL is accounting for in some of their entertainment planning logic.

I don't think there are late night themed parties like Wink, Gatsby, Mamma Mia After Show Party, on other ships. There is the Probition Party and you do have to pay for that and you can go along in costume.

It would not be difficult for Royal to list info like -

Gatsby - Complimentary, Era clothing optional.

Wink - Complimentary , no dress code.

Starwater is not every night and it is on other sailings now too. I booked it for 11/23 sailing a while back.

Other ships don't normally have 3 Guest Entertainers - usually one Headliner which yes you can find out before hand who it is.

They advertise all these shows as being available, they don't say, hey sorry because you are on the 11/2 voyage you won't get the same as on 11/23 etc. There is no * beside any of the shows to explain this. Yes we know as experienced cruisers how things usually work with RCCL and new builds but there is a whole lot of people out there who don't and they are expecting to see all the shows etc on 11/2 sailing.

On the advertising material/press releases it did say a while ago that Dreamworks would not be on QN until later. Although it was in tiny wee writing and many may have missed it but it was there.

If Royal can have a big show like Mamma Mia ready for 11/2 then why not Sonic Odyssey ?

But it isn't really just Entertainment, it is the other things like Activities I mentioned in my opening post.

Travel agents will be on Quantum's 2 night pre-inaugural here for a big travel conference before the Maiden Voyage, surely Royal will want to have the main shows that they already use as a big selling point for Quantum, to be ready for the agents to experience so they will be able to go to their clients and say Wow you should not miss xxxxx show.

It is Royal saying, QN will have this, QN will have that, QN will have whatever but not actually telling paying guests if these things will actually be on the ship for their sailing or not, and if so will there will be a charge.

They have more filled in on Anthem deck plans that they have for Quantum .....why is that I wonder?

Does that mean they are hiding something or not made up their mind since announcing the ship is going to China ?

I even asked my contact who told me months ago that we would not have a MDR, he said something about "new management" and I trust him after all he is my step son! It's like a black hole.

:cool:

I even asked my contact who told me months ago that we would not have a MDR, he said something about "new management" and I trust him after all he is my step son! It's like a black hole.

:cool:

Yes there is a new management team in charge of QN build, for those who followed Oasis class build you can sadly quite easily see the difference between the new and the old.

My frustration with his process is well documented on this board. I hear ya 100%.

The thing that gets me more than anything else is the lack of a full, published deck plan. I mean, seriously?! If any of you really think they could not have provided this information months ago I've got a very old, historic bridge near my home that I'd be willing to sell to ya...

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

My frustration with his process is well documented on this board. I hear ya 100%.

The thing that gets me more than anything else is the lack of a full, published deck plan. I mean, seriously?! If any of you really think they could not have provided this information months ago I've got a very old, historic bridge near my home that I'd be willing to sell to ya...

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I received a Quantum WOW e mail from sales (July25) that had some mock up videos of venues and a little bit of information that I had not seen previously. There was a slick deck plan that at least showed all the staterooms. There were still a lot of unlabeled "to be announced areas" that you know someone at RCCL could label.

As far a events on board, I don't think I have ever quite known what to expect in detail on any of the TAs I have taken. It has always been a little different from ship to ship and with the Quantum being such an original I am trying to just keep an open mind. We don't sail until the May 2 2015 TA so I will have the first TA reviews but things can still change.

Heard Pete Matthews (Juggler) is entertaining on the maiden voyage - it was announced recently on the Adventure of the Seas after he performed.

Wonder if he meant the Inaugural. His website lists his schedule out until mid November with Serenade of the Seas November 2nd-3rd and Adventure of the Seas November 6th-13th. Since the maiden is a transatlantic with no stops he won't be able to board mid sailing. So I'm guessing he isn't doing either the maiden sailing or the Serenade one since he won't be able to board Quantum on the 4th or be on both at once.

BTW, I like how he refers to his schedule as an itinerary, lol: http://www.crazyjuggler.com/itinerary.asp