Miami Airport - updates on construction?

just4steven

Hello,

I flew into MIA back in April and was a little, um, shocked I guess is the word I am looking for. There seemed to be a ton of construction going on. I am not sure what it was for, but I can only hope it is to improve access to the car rental area. I am exhagerating here, but it seemed like from the plan to the car rental area I walked several miles, took a couple elevators and trains, and the total time was about an hour. Again, it was probably not that bad, but it sure seemed like it.

So I'm coming back in October and will be in a couple days early so I will be renting a car again. I will have some elderly folks with me that would not be thrilled if they had to make the same journey to get the car that I had to make in April :D Does anyone have any recent updates from the airport and if it is easier to get to the car rental area now?

Thanks!

I don't know about that, but I will agree with you. It is a long walk. I had had surgery on my ankle a couple months before we were there, and I know it took us an hour to walk to the car rental area. So confusing to find our way also. I was ready to just find a taxi and skip the rental. Sure hope they make some changes.

Claudia

Basically, Miami is putting like 2 billion dollars into refining it's entire transportation system near the airport.

The MIC (Miami Intermodal Center) project has been going on for a few years. They've had some soft openings but I don't believe it's fully completed as of yet.