Glory Spa Cabin

maxydu

We are booked in a spa cabin in December and was wondering if anyone has recently had a spa cabin on the Glory.....

If so, what "extra's" were provided? Did you have access to the Thalassoppy

pool or is there an upcharge?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

I don't think Glory has a thalassotherapy pool - that wasn't part of the 2.0 upgrades. We're sailing on her a week from today, so I can tell you more when we return. We had a Spa Deck balcony a few years ago - pre-2.0 - and there were no extras with the cabin. I can say I didn't care for the balcony because it's not covered at all, so it wasn't usable when it rained and people on the deck above could look down on you.

I should add, though, that Glory has a wonderful pool/hot tub in the spa area, available to anyone at no charge. Other Conquest-class ships used to have one, but they were removed a few years ago to make way for an aerobics area. (IMHO, I much prefer a hot tub to aerobics.;)) A plus to being on deck 11 is that you're just around the corner from the spa and can use the area easily. We have an aft wrap booked for next week - all the way at the other end of the ship!

Well, that just sux! At $10 per person per day I thought sure their would be some spa benefits. Live and learn and make lemonade!

The spa pool will have to be the silver lining. Thanks for all the responses....

Well, that just sux! At $10 per person per day I thought sure their would be some spa benefits. Live and learn and make lemonade!

The spa pool will have to be the silver lining. Thanks for all the responses....

What did you pay $10pp p/day for?

That was for booking a balcony cabin on the Spa deck.

An 8F if you will.....

Oh, ok.

So you could have booked a lower deck, but you paid to book a higher one on Spa Deck because you thought there would be spa perks.

Did the person you booked with tell you there would be perks?

Well, it depends on how you take it.....we booked while on board the Conquest last Nov.

The rep said it was on the spa deck and had spa usage. I guess I should have investigated it further. It sounded like we were getting something special......I'm usually savvy enough

to seek details but got caught up in the moment. In my book there is nothing bad about

any cruise so we'll just enjoy it for what it is......

I have had a cabin on the Liberty's Spa deck. It would virtually be the same as the Glory.

The cabin has two ways to get to the elevators--a side door that lets you out to the elevator area right beside the door to the open deck. The other way is to walk around the central elevators and use the hall by the stairs, but that is the long way......

I love the cabin for the sliding patio doors and open to the sky balcony....yes, people above on Deck 14 can look down, but looking up at the stars at night is oh so nice....