norweigan epic family balcony b2 rooms

hayleyfever

To be honest, I won't sail the Epic again because of the bathroom situation. I can't imagine it with a family.

The toilet is in the room, next to the door, with an opaque glass sliding door. You can see it on the right behind my lovely wife indicating how un-wide the cabins are. The shower is on the left side of the door, with the same opaque glass. You can see the person sitting on the toilet or in the shower. One is interesting, the other not. After extensive testing, I can tell you they did a good job with the ventilation in the toilet cubicle, but it is less than soundproof.

You may find your loved ones huddled on the balcony, cowering in fear and wondering when Dad will be done, or embarrassed and asking everyone to leave the cabin if a particular dining choice leaves them in urgent need of the facilities.

The Getaway and Breakaway, I'm told, have abandoned this interesting and unique concept in family togetherness; perhaps a shame, since it is the closest we will ever come to our richer ancestors who could afford to build a "two holer" outhouse.

epic-cabin.png

To be honest, I won't sail the Epic again because of the bathroom situation. I can't imagine it with a family.

The toilet is in the room, next to the door, with an opaque glass sliding door. You can see it on the right behind my lovely wife indicating how un-wide the cabins are. The shower is on the left side of the door, with the same opaque glass. You can see the person sitting on the toilet or in the shower. One is interesting, the other not. After extensive testing, I can tell you they did a good job with the ventilation in the toilet cubicle, but it is less than soundproof.

You may find your loved ones huddled on the balcony, cowering in fear and wondering when Dad will be done, or embarrassed and asking everyone to leave the cabin if a particular dining choice leaves them in urgent need of the facilities.

The Getaway and Breakaway, I'm told, have abandoned this interesting and unique concept in family togetherness; perhaps a shame, since it is the closest we will ever come to our richer ancestors who could afford to build a "two holer" outhouse.

And a counter opinion:

We liked the setup. We had 4 in the room and it was very convenient for people to be doing different things without waiting for a single, enclosed bathroom to "free up". We would sail Epic again in a heartbeat.

Edited by sdmike