Yet another Stingray City tour question.....

sunworshipper3

We went to Stingray City last March - a tour we booked through Celebrity. We had the first tour of the day (8am), and were one of only two other boats at the sand bar. It was amazing.

We are on the Conquest in March 2006, and want to book another Stingray City excursion, but I haven't been able to find any that depart as early as 8am. Carnival is not even offering just the Stingray City tour for our cruise, so am looking for an independent.

Has anyone had any experience with any of the tour operators who may have an early morning excursion?

Happy cruising!

Pat :cool:

I've been on the Conquest a couple fo times and I'll bet lots of shekels that they will have several stingray tours to choose from - just may not be scheduled, yet.

The ship's tours have priority for tendering but you can still book an independant - just follow the instructions for getting tender tickets and get there early.

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/

http://www.captainmarvins.com/ has an early on.

Note: If there are not enough people on a given Stingray tour, they sometimes cancel and combine with a later tour.

Note: If the water is a little rough, the ship tours will be the first to cancel.

I've checked into the Native Way Stingray tour and they are asking for my Visa card. Is this a normal practice? They don't charge the card unless the ship docks, but they want the card to make sure we show up. I really don't feel comfortable giving my card numbers.

I've checked into the Native Way Stingray tour and they are asking for my Visa card. Is this a normal practice? They don't charge the card unless the ship docks, but they want the card to make sure we show up. I really don't feel comfortable giving my card numbers.

Captain Marvin's does this as well.

I did the Ray, Reef, & Rum Point with Native Way last week - had to give my credit card number when I received my confirmation. They said "Your credit card will not be charged for the tour, just used to insure that you will show up. You will pay on our tour boat. We accept cash, Traveler's Checks, MasterCard, Visa and Discover only. We do NOT accept American Express credit cards". I paid cash at the ed of the tour and my card was never charged.

We also used Nativeway this past April, and they were just excellent. If for some reason your ship cannot stop at GC (weather or whatever reason) they do not charge you either.

We had a wonderful time, they go out of their way to ensure a good time for their customers. We're going back in November, and I've already contacted Sharon to book again!

Archived