Steakhouse on the Magic

pearose

I have never eaten at any of the specialty restaurants on the ship that charge extra before. So my question is do you have to, or can you reserve a table at the steak house. If so, can you reserve it before sailing or have to wait until you are on board. And lastly, is it very pricey?

You can book before sailing or after you get on board.

To book prior to sailing, you can do it on line. Look in your cruise manager for restaurants and you'll find a link for the steakhouse.

Cost is $35 per person for the meal.

I have a reservation for my upcoming trip on the Magic. We went to the steakhouse on the Breeze last year and the meal was one of the best I've ever had. It was wonderful. I'm expecting the same of the Magic.

I am wondering if someone may know the answer... I am wondering about the steakhouse letting people split.. my dh and I have each had gastric bypass and can only eat about 4-6 oz each we can agree on what to eat but don't want to pay $70 for a meal that neither of us can finish. just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.. thanks for your help..

I am wondering if someone may know the answer... I am wondering about the steakhouse letting people split.. my dh and I have each had gastric bypass and can only eat about 4-6 oz each we can agree on what to eat but don't want to pay $70 for a meal that neither of us can finish. just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.. thanks for your help..

No they won't let you split. My sister and I have also had gastric bypass and we've asked and been denied. They won't even split an entrée in the MDR. One of my friends and her sister only order one entrée in the MDR and ask for a separate plate.......sometimes they are okay with that and sometimes not.

The thing in the Steakhouse is more that you and your DH are taking up $70 worth of table space. Most portions are way oversized anyway. Nobody needs to eat an 18oz steak plus all the sides, appetizers and chefs bites. The price is reasonable because they don't allow sharing.

Sister and I are booked in the Steakhouse next week on the Magic only because it's a free meal for two as part of our Diamond one time only perks.

Thank you all for your help. That helps. I personally am fine with sticking to the MDR and not paying extra, but was just trying to get information to help my son and his girlfriend who may decide to have a special "date night" on our cruise in February and had questions about the steakhouse.

Thank you all for your help. That helps. I personally am fine with sticking to the MDR and not paying extra, but was just trying to get information to help my son and his girlfriend who may decide to have a special "date night" on our cruise in February and had questions about the steakhouse.

If their cruise is on the Magic they also have Cucina del Capitano as a choice I believe the fee there has now gone up to $15 per person but it is a 3 course meal and it's very good -

http://www.carnival.com/onboard/cruise-food/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/cucinamenupdf.ashx

reservations can only be made once on board the ship and they also have a very nice steak on the menu

Make your reservations ahead of time. We always pre-book the first night at the Steakhouse. Right after our dinner that first night we tried to make reservations for later in the week and they were completely booked. They put us on a waitlist, but we never got the second reservation we wanted.