ES Reappeared 4 months Before Sailing. Weird, right?

We booked ES months ago for this Thanksgiving on the Freedom (6 day out of Ft. Lauderdale). The ES rate disappeared on schedule about a month ago and it just reappeared tonight--we are 118 days from sailing. It doesn't affect us since the rates are higher, but I've never seen them bring it back this close to sailing. This is weird, right?

We booked ES months ago for this Thanksgiving on the Freedom (6 day out of Ft. Lauderdale). The ES rate disappeared on schedule about a month ago and it just reappeared tonight--we are 118 days from sailing. It doesn't affect us since the rates are higher, but I've never seen them bring it back this close to sailing. This is weird, right?

Perhaps a large group cancelled?

Not really, if there are no specials going on, early saver rates will appear again most of the time. Also, remember, you can get price drops with any rate that you would fall under once you book Early Saver

I thought ES was only availabel on 6-day and longer cruises up to 5 months to sailing date.

They bring it back as a promotion within that window sometimes. Usually just for a fixed period of time. I got that for my upcoming cruise and it was 50% off deposits as well! A great time to book, if you ask me :)

I thought ES was only availabel on 6-day and longer cruises up to 5 months to sailing date.

That's what I thought. I've never seen it reappear this close to sail. I think that the cruise isn't sailing well because prices have come down a bit and they keep offering a lot of sales. I was surprised since it's a holiday, but Florida is a different market than I'm used to.

We booked ES about 2 months ago and have gotten a few price drops--one of them paid off my cruise AND we got to upgrade from interiors to connecting oceanviews, so we're just collecting OBC.

Same thing happened to us -- our cruise is in October, and when we booked, ES was already gone.

Then -- voila! -- a month ago, it reappeared and I was able to change us to ES. Then it disappeared as quickly as it had appeared!:o

I just checked and ES has disappeared in the past few hours--it was probably up for about 6 hours.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Happened to me as well. Have a 9C booked on the Valor in January 2015. A couple of months ago, the category stopped appearing. A couple of weeks ago, I checked it for curiosity and it was there again at the same rate I paid.

Same thing happened for our Valor cruise in November. ES was not available when we booked, I called yesterday and changed to the rate to ES. We got a $20 credit on the interior but the balcony room was the same price. We originally booked under a sale fare so we had to pay an additional deposit but not a big deal to me. Hoping for some price drops!