Drink Package and Sales Tax out of FLL

NukeIT

Has anyone had recent experience with purchasing the package on embark day and if they were charged sales tax??

Searching reveals threads from a year ago, but wonder if anyone has some recent experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We bought the Wine Package on embarkation day and were only charged the usual 15% service charge that you pay when purchasing drinks. We did wait till we were having dinner so maybe we were far enough out by then.

We bought the Wine Package on embarkation day and were only charged the usual 15% service charge that you pay when purchasing drinks. We did wait till we were having dinner so maybe we were far enough out by then.

Can you tell me what the wine package included and how much it was. Thanks

Our experience when we purchased a soda sticker in Ft. Lauderdale. When in port FL State sales tax should be added to the price. Once the ship has sailed, out of FL waters the tax no longer applies. When purchased at a bar before sailing your cruise card is run through the system at the time of purchase, thus sales tax is added to the price. However, when purchased from one of the tables charges were made manually by a hand written slip. These charges actually hit our folio account later in the evening without a sales tax charge. You can pre-purchase the beverage package by calling Princess without any tax.

We bought a wine package last cruise and i asked and was told that they would charge my credit later the first night so there would be no tax charges. I checked my account and no taxes added for that but we did pay tax on the drinks we had until we hit international waters. The drink package I'm not sure how or when they charge it to your account.

There are different levels of wine package. The one we get is the Gold one, 10 bottles , each bottle up to the value of $45. The cost of this one is $290+15%. We have always thought that it's was very good value. There are other levels available but not sure of the prices. Maybe you would find that on here if you did a search for wine package as I am sure it has been posted before.