Driving from Philly to Baltimore harbor

PhillyTom

We just booked our first cruise on Grandeur. We've always cruised on Voyager Class, so a little concerned about the smaller ship.

Anyway, we'll be driving from Philly to Baltimore Harbor. Can I get some assistance on directions. Will most likely take I-95 south, but what exit should I look for in Baltimore and once I get off exit, is harbor easy to locate? Is parking lot easy to find? How much drive time should I give myself if leaving from Center City Philly on a Friday? thanks

We just booked our first cruise on Grandeur. We've always cruised on Voyager Class, so a little concerned about the smaller ship.

Anyway, we'll be driving from Philly to Baltimore Harbor. Can I get some assistance on directions. Will most likely take I-95 south, but what exit should I look for in Baltimore and once I get off exit, is harbor easy to locate? Is parking lot easy to find? How much drive time should I give myself if leaving from Center City Philly on a Friday? thanks

You are about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away from Center Center with normal traffic.

You will stay on 95 South for your whole ride.

As you get close to the Fort McHenry Tunnel stay in your RIGHT lane.

Your exit will be about 100 to 200 yards after you exit the tunnel which will be the Key Highway exit.

You will proceed to the traffic light and turn left and you will be at the cruise terminal.

There will be signage directing you to the crusie terminal as you get close.

Actually after you get out of the tunnel you will see the Grandeur as the pier is right next to 95.

I don't know when you're going, but I'd add time for traffic through Delaware on 95. 495 is closed until at least Labor Day (DelDot hasn't released an official date) and traffic on 95 through downtown Wilmington is a cluster. I go to school by 495 and have had to add about 30 minutes to my normal commute time from Maryland.

As Tony said you'll want to stay to the right as you approach the tunnel in Baltimore. You seriously want the bore all the way to the right and the toll booth all the way to the right if you can. The exit for the terminal is right as you come out the tunnel.

a quick follow-up question or two:

1. what does parking at Baltimore harbor cost per day. I heard it was $15.00

2. our cruise is from Friday to Friday. Do we pre-pay parking or do we pay when we pick up car.

3. finally, do we pay for parking on our return day (Friday)?

thanks

No problem with parking. There are actually two lots (intended to serve two ships) so in the very unlikely event one would fill there would probably be open spaces in the other lot, but in my opinion there is plenty of paring for the number of people who would drive to the port.

The lots are on the two sides of the terminal building.

R077141.jpg

I imagine you're on the Grandeur, since the Pride runs Sunday to Sunday, so your parking is on the right. We've never had trouble getting a spot. You pay as you go in and it's $15 a day--both lines can now take cash or card, but cash will get you through pretty quickly.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

We are on the pride next year. I thought I read that the parking lot is closed until 11am. Is that true? Do cars just line up and wait at the gate until 11?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

The lot is closed until they start debarking and get chunks of passengers off of the ship. We've had luck showing up between 10 and 10:30 and getting parked. I've only had to park and wait for the lots to open once and it was during Snowmageddon when passengers debarked late and the crews had to plow the lots--we were still checked on the ship by 1.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

We are on the pride next year. I thought I read that the parking lot is closed until 11am. Is that true? Do cars just line up and wait at the gate until 11?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

No paking lot usually opens around 10 am

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I've never gone to the port but I had to drive to Baltimore a lot in the past couple of years and there were tons of signs that said what exit to get off for the cruise ports.

Sometimes I think we're all so connected to our gadgets - GPS & the like -- we forget to read the road signs. I found them very helpful.

Is there a Kiss & Ride drop off?

I'm going to be cruising with my best friend, and DH could drop us off rather than paying for a week of parking. But I can't find any info regarding drop-offs.

Yes, there is... They will direct the driver to the front of the terminal. the same place the cabs go. There will be porters there as well to accept your bags.

Aloha

John