UDP - How it works

ghockley1981

I'm looking into getting the UDP so that this will be a cost we don't have to worry about on our Epic cruise.

Im just wondering how it actually works, me and my wife are in our cabin so obviously will both have to buy it.

But how do you get them at the bar, do we both have to go up?

Or do I have to go up and show both room cards?

Or do I just tell them my room number?

Or do we get given a special card(s)

Sorry if this info is elsewhere, I have looked but can't see it, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

Norwegian Epic Med Cruise Sep 2014

Edited by ghockley1981

Hiya

We have had the UBP several times on NCL now and the way it tends to work is you can get one drink per card. Both people do not need to go to the bar and most times the waiters will come find you, even more so if you give a small tip early in the cruise.

You may confuse some people with your thread as the UDP is the Dining package and UBP is the drinks one.

Mike

Hiya

We have had the UBP several times on NCL now and the way it tends to work is you can get one drink per card. Both people do not need to go to the bar and most times the waiters will come find you, even more so if you give a small tip early in the cruise.

You may confuse some people with your thread as the UDP is the Dining package and UBP is the drinks one.

Mike

Thanks Mike, good to know. I envisaged us both having to get up every time and this would be quite annoying. Just showing both cards makes sense.

And yes i realise my mistake now! cheers

My husband would generally go up with both our cards. If we were getting beer, we'd usually get 2 at a time on a card, and he'd walk away with 4 in hand. Sometimes they'd give him a bucket with ice to put them in. If sitting at a bar for a while, we'd run a tab and it would all be paid for at the end on one card. If being waited on by a waiter at the pool or in the theater, we'd usually just flash both cards, and the server would walk away with just one of them, and ring both drinks on the one card.

Edited by LrgPizza

My husband would generally go up with both our cards. If we were getting beer, we'd usually get 2 at a time on a card, and he'd walk away with 4 in hand. Sometimes they'd give him a bucket with ice to put them in. If sitting at a bar for a while, we'd run a tab and it would all be paid for at the end on one card. If being waited on by a waiter at the pool or in the theater, we'd usually just flash both cards, and the server would walk away with just one of them, and ring both drinks on the one card.

Yes is do mean UBP, just trying to confuse everyone ! :o

Thanks for the info, nice to know :)