Timeline for Room Assignment on IS GTY?

JenMJM

My husband and I booked a cheap 8-day on the September 6 Freedom on Monday. This is the first time we are gambling with Inside Guarantee - we usually pick our own inside room. I have read through posts below that it's a crap shoot with what we'll end up in, and that's OK. I'm wondering, though, how I will be notified when our room is assigned.

Will CCL send me an email or will I need to keep checking my booking on the website?

Is it usually a month before? 2 weeks before? Day of? Just curious to see if there has been a set timeline in the past. Thanks, all!

We are sailing the Freedom the week before you on Sept 1. I just noticed a price drop yesterday on a balcony and contacted PVP to upgrade. It was on a GTY rate, went ahead and took the gamble. Within about 2 hours my cabin was assigned.. Panoramic Deck...

Any thoughts on this deck from others??

We are sailing the Freedom the week before you on Sept 1. I just noticed a price drop yesterday on a balcony and contacted PVP to upgrade. It was on a GTY rate, went ahead and took the gamble. Within about 2 hours my cabin was assigned.. Panoramic Deck...

Any thoughts on this deck from others??

We've done the Panorama deck many times and we really like it! Great to be able to just walk right out to the pool deck without needing an elevator, and very close to Serenity if you're one for the adults only area. Great assignment for a guarantee! To pay for that upgrade it could easily be $100 to move up to that deck on a 1 week cruise. So you did well!

Changed from a picked IS cabin to a BL guarantee 45 days before sailing, and had the room assigned in 15 days, or 30 days prior to sailing. Then changed rates again during a recent promo that gave us obc on a Friday, and the room was assigned that Monday/Tuesday.

I booked about four weeks ago, got my cabin assignment just three days ago, sailing in two days. You do have to check your site , they did not notify me.

Edited by Luke104

Changed from a picked IS cabin to a BL guarantee 45 days before sailing, and had the room assigned in 15 days, or 30 days prior to sailing. Then changed rates again during a recent promo that gave us obc on a Friday, and the room was assigned that Monday/Tuesday.

So you were able to get OBC after signing up for a GTY room?