Israel port changed everyone still going?

Hi all just got email confirmation Israel is understandably pulled off the cruise and is now going to Mykonos and kusadasi we are due to sail 28th September you are getting £50 each credit and if you want a free transfer to another cruise. What is everyone that is booked doing I think we are gonna stick with the cruise as ours is a cruise and stay package is anyone else changing and if so what too?

Ps glad I actually found out about changes as still waiting in them telling me about Egypt being pulled

I found out about the itinerary change yesterday (1st Aug) when I went to book an excursion on line. I sent 4 emails with no reply so called and it was explained that it had changed a few days ago but it takes a while to inform 3,000 passengers. I bet I never receive anything and they will leave it to chance that the majority of passengers will only find out when they arrive.

I am not happy as we only chose this cruise due to the visit to Israel so asked to cancel - I was told I could if I paid a cancellation fee.

After some more complaining (the situation in Israel does not cover what is in their Terms and Conditions) they finally agreed I could transfer my holiday to something different and take it by 31st Oct. A lot of use this is as the holiday is only 4 weeks away and a cruise is expensive so unless we go long haul we will lose out.

I have emailed them again asking to extend the 31st Oct deadline or give a full refund - I bet I am ignored again and will have to call.

Note when I did call the poor girl who was on the phone could not answer any questions. She kept having to ask her supervisor. I asked to speak directly to the supervisor and was told I could not be put through. I then asked that the supervisor call me back or email me and the line went dead! They have zero customer service skills.

Thanks

Nick

tbh...with the wall to wall rolling news most pasengers will know about the situation in israel...by now

if thoms were saying that they intend to visit ashdod as scheduled? people would be up in arms about that!

lose lose situation for thoms imho (they are taking you somewhere else and offering free obc)

I found out about the itinerary change yesterday (1st Aug) when I went to book an excursion on line. I sent 4 emails with no reply so called and it was explained that it had changed a few days ago but it takes a while to inform 3,000 passengers. I bet I never receive anything and they will leave it to chance that the majority of passengers will only find out when they arrive.

I am not happy as we only chose this cruise due to the visit to Israel so asked to cancel - I was told I could if I paid a cancellation fee.

After some more complaining (the situation in Israel does not cover what is in their Terms and Conditions) they finally agreed I could transfer my holiday to something different and take it by 31st Oct. A lot of use this is as the holiday is only 4 weeks away and a cruise is expensive so unless we go long haul we will lose out.

I have emailed them again asking to extend the 31st Oct deadline or give a full refund - I bet I am ignored again and will have to call.

Note when I did call the poor girl who was on the phone could not answer any questions. She kept having to ask her supervisor. I asked to speak directly to the supervisor and was told I could not be put through. I then asked that the supervisor call me back or email me and the line went dead! They have zero customer service skills.

Thanks

Nick

I must admit that I'm very surprised you hadn't guessed you wouldn't be going to Israel, would you really want to?:confused:

If you were going to go on this cruise how come you can't do another, surely you already have the money to spend.

Still going as options are limited for change. Surprised that some people given to 31st October to take alternative. We were told had to go no later than our booked date of 15th September. Very conflicting info from Thomsons as some people have been offered full refunds. When we first checked our options we were told it had to be another cruise, later we were told that we could change for a package holiday but again the proviso was that it had to be taken on or before the booked date of 15th September. Don't have an issue with them pulling out of Ashdod but do have concerns that the information from Thomsons is so conflicting.

my guess is that the conflicting information depends on which social media campaign people are following?

yes..so far, information does appear rather conflicting?

thoms only made this decision a few days ago…probably? it will take a while to formally inform all the 100’s of passengers of their options

We're still in. We booked before Egypt was changed last year. To be honest I always thought this was more likely to get changed than that with the situation being so volatile. Funny thing was, we were a bit disappointed that we could only do one Israel trip to start with, then with the Egypt cancellation we could do both the ones we wanted to do, and now we're going to do neither!!!!

Seriously though, there was always a chance this would happen.