Has anyone been successful with bringing case of water on Explorer/bayonne nj?

Ok. I read on here sometimes that people have brought case of water on and no problem. Then I read on Royal's site that it will be taken. I called them and they said our official stance is no but sometimes it's ok. ugh.

And I'm wondering if maybe Royal isn't so picky at places like Ft Lauderdale but they would be pickier at places in/near NY.

So. Anyone do this? And if you did, do we put it in a suitcase with a our tag on it or just put the tag on the case of water? I'm thinking we might chance this since a case only costs a few dollars.

I would just order it thru RC on ship but they come in those 1 liter bottles. And the basic package for drinks would cost us $1000 for our trip (10 days,5 people). That's ridiculous!. Even one person getting it is $200. That's nuts for water!

Can anyone help me out? TIA :)

ETA: Oh, and I forgot.....we printed off the tags from our computer. Do we put this on our suitcases with like shipping tape? Ya know, that would cover the whole thing? or just connect it with scotch tape? What's the best way to do this?

Edited by disgal

...ETA: Oh, and I forgot.....we printed off the tags from our computer. Do we put this on our suitcases with like shipping tape? Ya know, that would cover the whole thing? or just connect it with scotch tape? What's the best way to do this?

The downloaded luggage tags are made to be wrapped around the luggage handles and stapled.

Are you sure you printed the proper luggage tags? The luggage tag that is displayed on the last page of the SetSail pass is not the ones to attach to your bags.

Also, it's no big deal if you don't use the downloaded tags. You can have the porters at the ship make up tags for you.

The downloaded luggage tags are made to be wrapped around the luggage handles and stapled.

Are you sure you printed the proper luggage tags? The luggage tag that is displayed on the last page of the SetSail pass is not the ones to attach to your bags.

Also, it's no big deal if you don't use the downloaded tags. You can have the porters at the ship make up tags for you.

I downloaded them from our vacation documents. Are they the right one? They have a colored strip in the middle that has the room number and a big "6" since we are on deck 6 with the date and "Explorer" on it. Also it has "luggage tag instructions" on the top right.

We carried (2) 2 litter bottles of soda and a six pack of pint bottles along with the rest of our stuff in our backpacks on the Explorer last September. After they went through the scanner the person opened up both backpacks and quickly looked at bottles, checked the seals and then looked up and said "OK" and we were on our way.

I also noticed quite a few cases of water with tags taped to them on the carts at drop off. Later I noticed a case being delivered with the luggage on board. So apparently a lot of people are bringing their own water.

Edited by fred30

I downloaded them from our vacation documents. Are they the right one? They have a colored strip in the middle that has the room number and a big "6" since we are on deck 6 with the date and "Explorer" on it. Also it has "luggage tag instructions" on the top right.

Yes, those are the correct tags. The instructions should talk about folding the tags (to make them less liable to tear off) and stapling around the bag handles.

We've brought (as recently as this June) both gallon jugs and cases of bottles with our carry on bags and cases of bottles with tags in checked luggage and never had an issue. As stated above, the screeners will usually check to make sure that they are sealed, but nothing more than that.

Thank you all for the help!

So, for the cases of water, I would love to not have to lug another suitcase so how exactly do I put the tags on the case/cases. Do I tape with scotch tape around the edges? These are like temporary tags aren't they? Doesn't RC put then a "real" tag on everything? We've only done this once and I can't remember from 3 years ago but I think we had "real" tags on our suitcases to tear off after our cruise. ???

So, for the cases of water, I would love to not have to lug another suitcase so how exactly do I put the tags on the case/cases. Do I tape with scotch tape around the edges? These are like temporary tags aren't they? Doesn't RC put then a "real" tag on everything? We've only done this once and I can't remember from 3 years ago but I think we had "real" tags on our suitcases to tear off after our cruise. ???

You now have to print your tags from their website before hand. You can print them out and secure them to your luggage. There are lots of threads on here about the new tag system. I will look for one tonight but I am sure someone will post them sooner.

Using clear packing tape just lay the luggage tag on the case and tape it down. Also, you may want to wrap tape around the entire case in a couple of spots each direction to hold them together better. Some of these cases now are not wrap very well. Maybe pick a brand that has a tougher wrapping.

Edited by fred30

Royal (or the porters) do not add any tags to the bags.

You now have to print your tags from their website before hand. You can print them out and secure them to your luggage. There are lots of threads on here about the new tag system. I will look for one tonight but I am sure someone will post them sooner.

Using clear packing tape just lay the luggage tag on the case and tape it down. Also, you may want to wrap tape around the entire case in a couple of spots each direction to hold them together better. Some of these cases now are not wrap very well. Maybe pick a brand that has a tougher wrapping.

Yes, I printed them out from their website(in my vacation documents section) and will follow the directions as far as the luggage. I have 10 copies, 5 for each of our rooms. Lordy, lordy, I hope we don't have more stuff than that!! haha As far as the wrapping tape around the cases, will that interfere with the worker checking seals? I mean, it's not like they can check the middle ones anyway but they could see the end bottles.

Royal (or the porters) do not add any tags to the bags.

Ok. I just pulled off a little sticky one from my suitcase that said Explorer on it so I know it had to be from our cruise last time. But this was probably for when we were disembarking? don't know.

Thank you all for your help. We are going to bring 2 cases with the luggage tag tapped with shipping tape on the top. I will let the boards know how it went. lol Hopefully not a problem.

...Ok. I just pulled off a little sticky one from my suitcase that said Explorer on it so I know it had to be from our cruise last time. But this was probably for when we were disembarking? ...

If it does not have a quadrant depicted, and just has a single number, then it's probably a disembarkation tag.

We have never had a problem bringing a case of water aboard in NJ. As others have said, just tape a luggage tag to the shrink wrap and it will be delivered to your room.

You all have given me great news. I'm going to do it. Two cases since we have 2 rooms. Yay!

Can you bring a britta filter and use that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wanted the individual bottles for when we are off ship and also when just laying out on deck and want to take a bottle with you.

Thanks everyone! :D

Along with your RCL tags make sure you have your name tags on your suitcase with your cell phone number. This is a good idea for any type of travel just in case someone takes your luggage by mistake and are honest enough to call you and let you know. With a cell number this can happen a lot faster.

I also put a copy of my paperwork inside my suitcase in the one small zippered compartment that doesn't lock when I travel.

Along with your RCL tags make sure you have your name tags on your suitcase with your cell phone number. This is a good idea for any type of travel just in case someone takes your luggage by mistake and are honest enough to call you and let you know. With a cell number this can happen a lot faster.

I also put a copy of my paperwork inside my suitcase in the one small zippered compartment that doesn't lock when I travel.

Yep, already have those but thanks for the reminder! :)