Jacqui O's Beach House

skiiergirl

We were there last year for a long lunch with friends that live on Antigua. Here's my Trip Advisor review.

“Great view , lovely beach, good food and service”

4 of 5 starsReviewed January 29, 2014

Jewel Of The Seas docked in St John's Antigua on 1/21/14 and my wife and I and another friend met here for lunch with friends who live on the island. We arrived early and waited for our lunch companions on the loungers at the beach. The restaurant looked great. After waiting about 15 minutes a server finally came over to ask if we needed anything and we ordered drinks. Our friends joined us shortly after and we sat down to a lovely table and ordered lunch. The three of us ordered the fresh fish, parrot fish, grouper and one I can't remember. All came to the table fresh off the grill and served with ratatouille and for some reason plain white rice. I thought the plain rice was a little odd to be served with such other tasty food. We found the food to be enjoyable especially after eating cruise ship food for most of the week. The service was great. Since we were guests I can't speak to the costs of the meal but I do know that it was a bit on the high side. Would I come back? Yes I'd give Jacqui O's another visit when I'm in Antigua.

Visited January 2014

Here's the link to current reviews on TA

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1184718-d3686504-Reviews-Jacqui_O_s_BeachHouse-Saint_Mary_s_Antigua_Antigua_and_Barbuda.html

Can't remember the cost of the taxi but it wasn't cheap. As I read the newer reviews it seems as though the prices have gone up so don't expect an inexpensive day. It's located in Crabbe Hill, St Mary's Antigua.