Chankanaab Park

cheunglam

Hi all!

Looking for your valued feedback and past experiences...we are a family of 9 (two mid-60's, four mid-40's, and three kids between 8-10 years). I was at Chankanaab 6 years ago and remembered the beach was not that great, and you had to climb off a small pier or cliff area to snorkel. Is it the same now? Our "elderlies" are not really beach people, but more walking and taking in the sights. Does the admission fee include the use of chairs, loungers and facilities? What does it not include besides meals and drinks? Are the shows included? It is hard to cater to all the ages and I am not sure if the kids will be bored here?

Any help will greatly be appreciated!

Sincerely,

Alex

We have been to Chankanaab twice and love it.

The description you give of going down the stairs into the water is still there. That's the snorkeling area. There's also an area of "regular" beach that's in a little cove area that you walk right into the water from the beach.

The palapas and chairs are included with the price and you can sit anywhere you'd like.

We thought food was pretty reasonable IF you purchased it from your server that comes to your palapa. We got an entire meal with samples of everything and it was only around $11 each. It was plenty of food to fill us up. My oldest daughter however, ordered a burrito over by the dolphin swim (which cost $10) and that's all she got. So I definitely think we got a better deal.

If they like to explore and walk around, the lagoon behind the beach/snorkeling area is beautiful and they will come across iguanas sunning around there. They also have a self-guided tour that replicates the mayan ruins with huts and stones and so on.

Since we have been, they have also added some type of bridge over alligators and a zip line.

There is a free sea lion show as well that you can go to. There's plenty there to do. :)

I have 2 full reviews listed in my signature line with TONS of pictures if you are interested. :)

That's great mitsugirly! Thanks for your reply and feedback. We were undecided on what to do and figured doing an "all inclusive" day at a beach club would not be something ideal and cost-effective for all of us. I will read your full reviews and it looks like Chankanaab will be the way to go! I think I read somewhere there is also an on-line coupon I can print to save us a couple of dollars as well. You have been most helpful! Thanks again!

Alex

That's great mitsugirly! Thanks for your reply and feedback. We were undecided on what to do and figured doing an "all inclusive" day at a beach club would not be something ideal and cost-effective for all of us. I will read your full reviews and it looks like Chankanaab will be the way to go! I think I read somewhere there is also an on-line coupon I can print to save us a couple of dollars as well. You have been most helpful! Thanks again!

Alex

You are very welcome. Yes, there is a $2 off coupon online. http://www.cozumelinsider.com/COUPONS