Caribbean Princess - R746?

phabric

I have looked in search for this cabin and the questions/answers are before the refit.

I am looking at R746 it looks like a bigger balcony or R746.

Has anybody been in these cabins?

Yes, its a tad larger then the rest on Riviera deck. The opening is cut out of the steel bulkhead and is on an angle and partially faces forward.

We had R746 on the Crown last year, as said above the balcony is larger, at an angle looking down the ship. Because it is cut out of the steel bulkhead, it has a echo to it, also it would catch the wind, especially during the night when the ship picked up speed.

It is a good location for the aft pool, however, the access to the pool area has a large safety door practically outside the cabin that continues to bang shut all of the time, including during the night.

Just outside the door was the smoking area also access to the Horizon Court. We told our steward about the continual banging of the door all night, they put a towel across the handles and lock to stop it fully closing, which solved the problem, until an Engineer noticed it! Although after a discussion he agreed to leave it on and get it looked at, as it was a safety problem with the door not closing properly. The towel remained there until the end of our cruise, not sure what happened after that.

All in all we would not choose this cabin again.

There is a link below to a previous thread about R746.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770663

It is a good location for the aft pool, however, the access to the pool area has a large safety door practically outside the cabin that continues to bang shut all of the time, including during the night.

Just outside the door was the smoking area also access to the Horizon Court. We told our steward about the continual banging of the door all night, they put a towel across the handles and lock to stop it fully closing, which solved the problem, until an Engineer noticed it! Although after a discussion he agreed to leave it on and get it looked at, as it was a safety problem with the door not closing properly. The towel remained there until the end of our cruise, not sure what happened after that.

All in all we would not choose this cabin again.

Banging doors exit doors near cabins seem to have this issue quite often....

On most ships that we have sailed its never really addressed. The cruise ends and the problem starts all over again. :rolleyes:

I have looked in search for this cabin and the questions/answers are before the refit.

I am looking at R746 it looks like a bigger balcony or R746.

Has anybody been in these cabins?

I just had A746 on the Star, which is essentially the same thing. The balcony is quite a bit larger and fully covered. It faces more forward than the others on the deck. We had no trouble at all with the door to the aft pool, no noise, nothing. It was very convenient for getting to the buffet. There is the usual aft bounciness in a rough sea, but I would definitely get the cabin again.

Banging doors exit doors near cabins seem to have this issue quite often....

On most ships that we have sailed its never really addressed. The cruise ends and the problem starts all over again. :rolleyes:

I have been on enough cruises to understand that it is a problem with banging doors, this one was bad.... we reported it.....the staff done something to stop it.....what happened after we left the ship is up to them and the next passengers in the cabin.

Cruise critic is a forum for people to express their experiences when questions are asked... that was our experience and I still would not book that cabin again.;)

I’ve enjoyed staying in this cabin, not only on the Caribbean Princes but also on the Crown and Emerald.

This cabin location is very convenient, just a few steps away from open deck at Terrace Pool and HC.

Is nice as it eliminates reliance on elevators unless you’re heading down into the body of the ship.

Noise from above is minimal, it is positioned far enough aft to only have a HC server’s station overhead on the deck above.

Foot traffic over the cabin is minimal, have never had any negative experience with noise from above.

The balcony is large and as already mentioned it provides you a forward looking perspective – you look down the length of the ship.

Hoping I’ll be able to find and attach a picture.

Yes, the door will occasionally slam mainly when the ship is underway.

While noticeable, it never reached a point during any trip that I felt it was a problem.

As one poster mentions, this balcony is somewhat of an enclosure and will catch wind while underway – have also noticed it collects a fair amount of debris as well.

On two occasions I had asked that it be cleaned, which was done promptly – steward had deck hands come in to hose it out each time.

1818081878_CrownR74604.jpg.ee41799235a575c8b62b80253c4713b0.jpg