Q's about digital photos

ddsdoc

have a question regarding storing digital photos....am traveling on CB 10/1 and would rather not take my laptop to store the digital photos...or buy several media cards....does the CB have a place to burn the pictures off my media card to a CD??? if so, does anyone know approx cost??? thanks

I'm not sure, but most cruiselines now offer that service. Just be sure that your photo's have actually transferred to the CD before reformating your media card. I read a horror story from someone that didn't check, erased the pictures from the card and then discovered that the CD was blank.:eek:

Last March on the Dawn Princess they burned a CD from my memory card for about $10. They downloaded the files to their computer and gave the card back to me in about 10 minutes. I had to wait until the next day to get the burned CD. We verified the files on the CD when I picked it up. I suggest taking at least one spare memory card to use while waiting for the CD to be burned.

This is taken from the Sapphire Patters....but I think they should be the same.

"....Just hand your card in at the photo desk and we can down load it while you wait and have a Cd-rom ready for collection the following day. For only $9.95 per down load. (only one card per download.) $9.95"

Deb

I'm not sure, but most cruiselines now offer that service. Just be sure that your photo's have actually transferred to the CD before reformating your media card. I read a horror story from someone that didn't check, erased the pictures from the card and then discovered that the CD was blank.:eek:

Where can you check the CD? I know you can't do it on the computers in the internet centre, so if you don't have a laptop with you, you would need access to a computer somehow.

I ask because I use a gadget which I bring with me which downloads the photos from the camera card on to a CD, but it isn't possible to actually view the CD using it.:eek: It requires an act of faith to clear the camera card!! It would be great if I could check the CD somewhere before clearing the card.

Where can you check the CD? I know you can't do it on the computers in the internet centre, so if you don't have a laptop with you, you would need access to a computer somehow.

I ask because I use a gadget which I bring with me which downloads the photos from the camera card on to a CD, but it isn't possible to actually view the CD using it.:eek: It requires an act of faith to clear the camera card!! It would be great if I could check the CD somewhere before clearing the card.

On the Golden last year, I had a CD cut. I asked the person behind the digital/photo desk if I could see what's on the CD. She was able to put the CD in her system and let me check out the photos on her screen.

On the Coral, they made a point of showing you on thier PC that the CD had my photos on it. We did not look at all of them, but they showed me a sampling so I know they were there.

Terry

On the Sea Princess, just last week, we had a CD burned from 4 memory cards for 10 dollars. There was not a limit to how many memory cards can be downloaded as long as it doesn't exceed the maximum capacity of the CD. After they copied the memory cards, they showed us the pictures on their computer. The next day, when the CD was ready, they showed us it's contents on their computer.

Archived