Serenade balcony cabin 8614

cruising3

I recently booked cabin 8614 on the Serenade of the Seas for an Alaska cruise (Vancouver-Vancouver). Has anyone sailed in this cabin or one near it? It is 5 or 6 cabins behind the "bump" in the ship and I was wondering if that is far enough that our view from the balcony won't be blocked when we look out to our left.

Also, for this cruise, does it matter if you are on the port or starbaord side?

(We haven't had a balcony before or cruised in Alaska before so I'm trying to pick up whatever info I can from these boards.) Thanks in advance for your help.

Can't answer how much your view will be blocked, probably not much! Anything you can't see will be going by your balcony in short order!!

When are you going! We are on Serenade 9/18, on deck 9 front of the "hump"

As to port or starboard, it really isn't a problem since you'll have a different view going and returning. Generally, most seem to think the starboard side is preferrable going north. We were on port on our last AK cruise on Legend, and had great views both ways. At Hubbard, I think the port side faced the glacier longer than starboard, we didn't have to leave the balcony the whole time there.

We plan to go in August 2006. Sounds like you have a great cabin for your cruise. Since we''ve only cruised to warm spots before,we'd love any suggestions you have about this cruise (esp. excursions) after you return. Have a great cruise and thanks for the info in your post.:cool:

Archived