Can I use US dollars?

angielam26

I'm going to be cruising to Falmouth, Jamaica and I was wondering if I can use US dollars while in port? Will the vendors give me the same price if I pay Jamaican dollars or US dollars?

Also I want to buy alcohol in Jamaica...looking for the Sheridan's coffee liqueur, Sangster's cream rum, Tortuga rum cake, and blue mountain coffee! Where is the cheapest I can find them for? On the cruise or in port? I will be visiting Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel.

Should I exchange my money on the ship if need be? Or where is the cheapest to exchange money? Airport? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I've been to Jamaica many times and have never exchanged money. I don't even know if I've every seen any. US$ works fine.

As far as the liquor goes, hard to say. The ship will have good prices on the name brand stuff, but you might be able to find it for just a little less expensive on shore. I'd pay the buck or two difference and just purchase on the ship for delivery on the last day. Unless you can find something really "cool" or "local" that is not offered on the ship. That's what we try to do. Find something that's different and not offered any place else.....Like Big Black Dick Rum in Grand Cayman! :)