Any delays after a routine dry dock?

coasterjan

I forgot to check the dry dock schedule, and booked the Pride for November 9th last night, the first cruise scheduled after dry dock....!

I got on the Victory immediately after it came out of dry dock in 2007, and swore I'd never do *that* again - they were still laying down carpeting and painting all over the ship (including the funnel which I stupidly fell asleep under *during* the painting and got myself and my bathing suit seriously sprinkled with red paint!), plus the computer system and the on-the-TV information stuff never worked right the whole week, making for terribly long lines at the shore excursion and guest services desk. Annoying stuff like that.

Anyway, having already booked it since it's the only cruise the whole family could agree on, do I now need to worry about it getting cancelled if dry dock doesn't go well? I can live with the little frustrations if I need to, but we can't re-schedule our vacation.

Has anyone ever heard of a ship not being ready to sail after a routine dry dock? (I'm excluding Carnival Splendor and Carnival Triumph after their fires, that took longer to repair than expected...)

Janis

Having been through many drydocks in my career I would say that nothing is guaranteed as you really don't know what you will find until the ship is high and dry. That said generally both dock facilities and ship companies plant the yard times very tightly.

Yards need the ship to move in and out as another ship may be planned and ship companies make no $ when a ship is not sailing.

That said weather and labor issues and other surprises can always delay planned times.

You saw that all was not done on your cruise and like anything starting back up the routine can be a slow process. Still the ship sailed on time but was still a work in progress