Colosseum tickets

pinecrest6

I have been trying to book tickets on the official site without luck. There is a place to list the country you are from, but the drop down menu does not list USA and does not allow write ins. Any suggestions? I have gone to other sites but they are charging more and I need to buy 5 tickets.:

I have been trying to book tickets on the official site without luck. There is a place to list the country you are from, but the drop down menu does not list USA and does not allow write ins. Any suggestions? I have gone to other sites but they are charging more and I need to buy 5 tickets.:

Hi Pinecrest:

I remember having this problem too. If you are trying to read Italian (which I don't) I believe the choice reads "Stati Uniti". It took me a long time looking through the drop down to figure out that meant United States. I was looking for anything near the "U's".

Anyhow, I hope that helps,

Dee:cool:

We find website at tickitaly very good, it even wait lists.

Select>Rome>Coloseum & Roman Forum and book the number of spaces you want .

If you flap around trying to save a dollar or so you may well miss out, and end up standing for hours on the day in the general admission queue.

• 2 weeks later...

Our cruise is Sept 12th but will be in Rome 2 days prior. We want to purchase our tickets to the Colosseum ahead of time. I see from the website that the tickets are valid for 2 days. Does anyone know if that means we have to use them within 2 days from purchase in which case we cannot order them prior to leaving? Thanks.

There is good info about the coliseum here http://www.the-colosseum.net/around/visit.htm

The tickets are good for two days, but only for one entrance to each - the coliseum and palatine hill across the street. Usually you'd go to one on one day and one the next. As you might expect, go to the coliseum on the day you would anticipate it being slower. Palatine hill tends to be much less crowded (but is gorgeous and fascinating and good for the calf muscles).

We used Tickitaly for our Colosseum Underground Tour after failed attempts through the official sites phone reservation line.

It was very easy! We were "queued" in line for when tickets became available, instead of calling ourselves every few weeks hoping they were finally on sale.

I'd use them again in a heartbeat.