nassau beach

byanks7

Cable beach and Cabbage beach are both free beaches within a "long" walking distance from the port.

It is about a 20 minute walk--just to the far side of the British Hilton (the beaches adjoin each other). That's 20 minutes for a couple of able bodied adults not to heavily loaded with beach stuff. For parents with 2 kids and their stuff--too far to walk but only a 5 minute cab drive.

There is a local bus also. It is a short walk after you exit the pier area. I think it is bus number ten and goes to cable beach area. There are many little free beach areas you can stop at.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Neither Cabbage nor Cable beach are walkable from the ship, certainly not in the amount of time you'll have and not with children. If you consult a map of Nassau, Cabbage is out by Atlantis (on the northern side of Paradise Island) and Cable beach is out where the Wyndham and Melia (formerly Sheraton) are located.

The farthest I've walked (other than a Nassau walking tour) comfortably in the heat and with a minor is from the Fish Fry (Arawak Cay) back to the ship. I believe that is Junkanoo beach between the two. It's the one located next to the British Colonial Hilton. Never been to Junkanoo or to Cabbage.

Cable beach is nice and we typically take the #10 jitney (public bus) which costs $1.25 each. I don't know about the free areas since we usually pay to use the Sheraton (now Melia) property for the day.