"Special Occasion"?

GolfMom321

She did mention it to their steward and was told "we don't do that anymore" which of course she didn't believe for a minute. But she chose not to rock the boat so to speak. Still, I myself was very disappointed that she didn't get her honeymoon recognition. >:(

Wow. Saw plenty of them in May on Grand. That is a room steward who wouldn't get an extra tip from me.

I betcha I can guess what the occasion was! Congratulations! What a Phabulous and Phantastic accomplishment! Phinally!

????? Not sure what you're getting at here.

We most certainly were not lying about a special occasion. We were celebrating my retirement, my sister's 50th (albeit belatedly), and the fact that we both had survived a year of medical HELL (total of 8+ weeks in hospital, multiple surgeries, and a few times when, frankly, they weren't sure I was going to make it). That was the whole reason we took the cruise. We didn't really care about the balloons or anything. We just wondered why they asked us and had us check it off if it didn't mean anything.

I betcha I can guess what the occasion was! Congratulations! What a Phabulous and Phantastic accomplishment! Phinally!

We most certainly were not lying about a special occasion. We were celebrating my retirement, my sister's 50th (albeit belatedly), and the fact that we both had survived a year of medical HELL (total of 8+ weeks in hospital, multiple surgeries, and a few times when, frankly, they weren't sure I was going to make it). That was the whole reason we took the cruise. We didn't really care about the balloons or anything. We just wondered why they asked us and had us check it off if it didn't mean anything.

GolfMom321: Both the quote above and the one after it by cdngrl were directed toward rdsqrl. If you check the profile for rdsqrl you will find that both TracieABD and cdngrl are listed as friends. It's inside information not related to the rest of us and wasn't directed at you.

I don't believe anybody implied you were lying about your special occasion. :) Text is an imperfect medium at best and is often misinterpreted.

Thrak is correct. I was in no way implying any malingering on your part. It was a wink and a nod to rdsqrl.

I firmly believe EVERYTHING should be celebrated! I am glad that ya'all have so much to be thankful for! I hope you do it up big on your cruise.:)

Edited by TracieABD

Enjoy your cruise and celebrate the blessings:).

GolfMom321: Both the quote above and the one after it by cdngrl were directed toward rdsqrl. If you check the profile for rdsqrl you will find that both TracieABD and cdngrl are listed as friends. It's inside information not related to the rest of us and wasn't directed at you.

I don't believe anybody implied you were lying about your special occasion. :) Text is an imperfect medium at best and is often misinterpreted.

I meant no disrespect to you at all golfmom321! I'm sorry that your steward didn't take the time to do anything special for you.

if your celebration is noted on the personalizer, its like everything else that happens between corporate and the ship--sometimes they know, sometimes not. and if the word does get to the ship, sometimes the steward takes the time to do it and sometimes not.

by the way thrak, no inside information at all--I didn't know about rdsqrl until I saw tracie post what she did...I figured out the riddle. :)

Although I can do without the birthday or anniversary singing we always celebrate something. :p It makes the waiters happy not to sing anyway.

I have a small amount of happiness when I hear the waiters in the MDR finish

singing Happy Birthday. I am glad there is not a song for any other celebration.

M

WE always check the boxes for special occasion when we will be on a cruise close to a birthday or anniversary but that does not guarantee anything special will appear either on your door or in the dining room...However if you politely tell you steward or head waiter that a special day is close and would like balloons or a special cake at dinner you will get results...These people have a lot of others who also have special requests so I think they appreciate a gentle polite reminder and it will avoid any disappointment when the day rolls around.

Edited by SissyG

I checked the item online for my wife's birthday. No sign. No balloons. Zip.

I asked my good friend Stewart about it on the second or third day and the sign and balloons appeared. My wife threatened to beat me if I had them bring cake and sing so we skipped that. :eek:

LOL! Sounds like my DH, who thought he could 'hide' from a significant birthday by taking a cruise to Alaska. I 'forgot' he was trying to 'hide' from his birthday so of course told Princess - he was overjoyed when some nicked the balloons and then refused to take the card for his cake to the MDR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk