PICS NEEDED-Regal Deluxe Balcony WITH 4 persons

craftsrdkc

We just booked on the Regal and we are a family of 4. I have seen plenty of pictures of the Deluxe Balcony Staterooms but NONE with either the sofa bed out or the pullman bed down. Does anyone have pictures of the room made up at night? We have stayed in these staterooms on other Princess Ships, so just curious what it looks like in comparison. I know the descriptions points out that the balcony door is obstructed, but this is no different than the set up on the other ships. You still have to climb over the sofa bed to get to the balcony and be very careful you don't bang your head from the pullman bed when going onto or coming from the balcony. Again, just curious how much space these actually take up as it looks like a tight space to put these beds. Thanks for your help.

Dolores

Only the Royal and Regal have deluxe balcony cabins so you may be thinking of a mini-suite. I stayed in a dbc on the Royal and except for no bathtub, it looks very similar to a mini.

I believe when the OP says he has stayed in this type of cabin on other Princess ships he is referring to a cabin for 4 - not to a deluxe balcony.

Hi - I posted this yesterday in response to almost the same question.

We were in one of the deluxe balcony cabins with 4 adults (2 adults plus two girls 21 and 18). The balcony itself is the same size as all the other balconies. Two chairs and a small round table. The cabin had a double bed and a sofa (love seat) by the balcony door, the love seat being the difference between the deluxe balcony and normal balcony. At night, the sofa bed was unfolded into one bed and the 4th bed was a drop down bed from the ceiling, which was above the sofa bed in the same orientation, but was not too close to the sofa bed to be claustraphobic. A ladder was on the side to allow the occupant to climb up which did not interfere with the sofa bed or the double bed. Most nights however, the girls shared the sofa bed and we asked our cabin steward not to bother to pull the 4th bed down after the first couple of nights. Realistically the sofa is ~ 3 foot wide as a bed, so snug for two people!! Our girls get on well :D. Unfortunately I don't think we have any pictures of the cabin with the bed(s) down. When the beds were stowed away, the cabin is as shown in the pictures on the website. With the beds down, you cannot really get to the balcony, apart from climbing over the sofa bed (and under the drop down bed). It actually worked out far better than we thought it would as the 'walk in' closet allowed a private space for the girls to dress without taking up the bathroom.

It all depends on what the price is for the 3rd and 4th person as to whether it is worthwhile, and also the ages. We had a great deal for the 3rd and 4th person but if the price had not been too different from that of another cabin, we would have gone for that.

PS. We loved the Royal.

I will check if either of my daughters have photos of the room with the beds down.

I believe when the OP says he has stayed in this type of cabin on other Princess ships he is referring to a cabin for 4 - not to a deluxe balcony.

That's very possible. Maybe the OP will come back and clarify what they meant.

downsmead...THANK YOU!!! That is exactly what I wanted to know! My daughters are going to be 18 & 19 and yes, they too are very close. :D I love that your daughters shared the bed. We tried that on our last cruise, but the sofa bed was REALLY small and incredibly uncomfortable. We ended up getting a roll-a-way and it was still bad, but better. We were hoping that a new ship will have a more comfortable sofa bed. I was wondering if there was actually room to pull one out as the desk looked really close to the sofa, but I guess it just fits. Surprised that the pullman bed pulls down like that. That is different from the other ships we were on, but good to know. If you have some pictures, that would be great, otherwise, you gave me exactly the info I was looking for.

Thanks again.

Dolores

Hi Delores

They have it down to a fine art. The small table goes under the desk and the desk chair goes in between the sofa and the double bed, just in front of the small bedside cabinet. The sofa bed then folds out and fills the space up to the desk. As I said, the pull down bed is then situated above the sofa bed. The ladder to the pull down bed attaches ~ half way along the bed and comes down into the space between the double bed and the sofa bed. The space then allows someone to climb up into the pull down bed, or to get into the double bed from the left hand side.

The sofa bed was not so comfortable as our double bed :) but the girls slept OK.

Overall the room worked out far better than I could have hoped for with our two girls travelling with us. There were enough seats for us whenever we were in the room, we frequently watched a movie late at night before sleeping. The anticipated problem with the shower didn't materialise!! Even having breakfast in the room if we were having an early start, and getting ready even with the beds still down was not an issue, mainly due to the 'walk in closet'.

Our steward was absolutely brilliant, since on lazy days, the girls would sleep in until gone 11am and he would not bother them at all. Similarly, some nights we did not go for dinner until after 9pm, and again, he would wait until we were gone to prepare the room for the night.

It was our girls first cruise with us and they loved it and we loved having them along with us :D.