Buying Cheers program on the second day...

fan3car

We are going on a 5-day out of Texas at the end of the month. I know we cannot purchase the Cheers program until the 2nd day, but will it be at the 5-day rate or the 4-day rate?

the 5 day rate, but you only pay for the days available.

on our 7 day out of galveston 2 weeks ago sun-sun, we paid the 7 day rate, but we were charged for only 5 days (mon-sat) because of Texas liquor laws

unless its changed. im still new to the cheers, so i could be totally wrong ;)

Edited by KLD1019

We are going on a 5-day out of Texas at the end of the month. I know we cannot purchase the Cheers program until the 2nd day, but will it be at the 5-day rate or the 4-day rate?

If you are not allowed to purchase Cheers until the second day (due to Texas State law) on a 5 night cruise you will pay for 4 nights for Cheers. What is unknown at this time with the different pricing points is whether you will be charged at the 5 night rate or the 4 night rate.

ETA: Oops, guess I should have read the rest of the responses. I guess it IS known now. :D

Edited by Out to sea!

• 1 month later...

I was kind of excited about Cheers until I read that everyone in the stateroom over 21 is forced to buy into the program. I dont have any issues with 15 drinks a day however my wife will never even get close. So the cost of this wont work for us since we will have to buy 2. :mad::mad:

I am new to the board and know I should search first but does someone have a link handy that shows the price of drinks and beers on the Dream?

I was kind of excited about Cheers until I read that everyone in the stateroom over 21 is forced to buy into the program. I dont have any issues with 15 drinks a day however my wife will never even get close. So the cost of this wont work for us since we will have to buy 2. :mad::mad:

I am new to the board and know I should search first but does someone have a link handy that shows the price of drinks and beers on the Dream?

You don't have to drink 15, or even close to make cheers pay off. 5 martinis and your there

• 2 weeks later...
Can you buy beer and have them not open the bottle? We figure get a couple before we go into port, and put them on ice. Has anyone done that?

Yes! I did it on the Breeze Sept 13 sailing several times. That was my plan in case I dint reach my 15 daily limit. I gave up doing that after day 3 and left the beers for the steward.