Buying Cheers program on the second day...

fan3car

If you buy it on the second day of a 5 day cruise do they only charge for 4 days? 6 if on a 7 day cruise?

They charge you for all days. The Carnival website says different, but I find the information people post here is more accurate than the Carnival website.

They charge you for all days. The Carnival website says different, but I find the information people post here is more accurate than the Carnival website.

No, they don't. For example, if you buy Cheers on the second day of a seven-day cruise, you pay for six days. Been there, done that.

Well actually, the only thing I can find on Carnival's site that touches on my question is in the FAQ section "Guests must purchase the program for the entire cruise - this program is not offered on a per day basis." This is why I'm asking the question here. There seems to be conflicting answers.

Does anyone else with experience purchasing Cheers on the second day want to chime in?

Well actually, the only thing I can find on Carnival's site that touches on my question is in the FAQ section "Guests must purchase the program for the entire cruise - this program is not offered on a per day basis." This is why I'm asking the question here. There seems to be conflicting answers.

Does anyone else with experience purchasing Cheers on the second day want to chime in?

I purchased on the second day of a four day cruise, so was only charged for three. Don't listen to the person who said you'll be charged for the whole cruise -- they are misinformed.

Sent from my Samsung Victory using Forums mobile app

We went on a 7 day cruise. Decided to buy the Cheers program on the morning of the 2nd day. We were charged for 6 days. Hard to look at that big charge at the very beginning but was nice to know we wouldn't get a shocking bar bill at the end. :)

What Carnival means about the program not being offered on a per day basis is that you can't purchase a day program for Monday, skip Tuesday, purchase for Wed, skip Thurs and Friday, and purchase for Sat. You pay for all the days whether you drink on all the days or not.

We thought the program was definitely worth the cost to us.

What they mean in the FAQs is that you can't pick and choose what days you want to buy Cheers on, such as buying it for all sea days and not on port days. That is what is meant by buying it for the entire cruise. The do give people the option of buying it starting the second day because depending on when you board, a good chunk of the first day may have been wasted because you weren't on board yet. So, if you are on a 7 night cruise and you purchase it on the 2nd day, you will pay for 6 nights of Cheers.

Yes, I understand that you can't pick and choose which days the package is to be purchased for. Original question is all about being charged for the first day if you purchase it on the second day. My question has been answered and I thank all who have replied.

We bought it on the second day of a six night cruise and were charged for 5 nights. This was on the Freedom in 2/13.

This year on the Conquest we bought it on the first day so I'm not sure if they still charge it thay way. I hope so. We are going on the Breeze in October and will be boarding latet than usual....not so sure Cheers for day 1 will pencil out.

We went on a 7 day cruise. Decided to buy the Cheers program on the morning of the 2nd day. We were charged for 6 days. Hard to look at that big charge at the very beginning but was nice to know we wouldn't get a shocking bar bill at the end. :)

What Carnival means about the program not being offered on a per day basis is that you can't purchase a day program for Monday, skip Tuesday, purchase for Wed, skip Thurs and Friday, and purchase for Sat. You pay for all the days whether you drink on all the days or not.

We thought the program was definitely worth the cost to us.

Shocking is in the eye of the beholder;). 689 dollars for two people to consume alcohol for six days is............. shocking to me!

If you buy it on the second day of a 5 day cruise do they only charge for 4 days? 6 if on a 7 day cruise?

If you sail from Texas you can only purchase the "Cheers" program on the 2nd day & they only charge for the remaining days ( 4 on a 5 or 6 on a 7 day cruise)

Carnival announced today that they have lowered the price of the cheers and bubbles packages. The longer the cruise the cheaper it is per day. But you can now only buy it on embarkation day as of 8/8/14

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Heres the prices. An 8 day cruise is $300 pp plus 15%. Cruises over 8 days will be priced on a per cruise basis.

3 day cruises $55/day

4 day cruises $45. "

5 day cruises $42.50 "

7 day cruises $37.50 "

Plus 15% gratuity.

If you sail from Texas you can only purchase the "Cheers" program on the 2nd day & they only charge for the remaining days ( 4 on a 5 or 6 on a 7 day cruise)

I was told by someone who had done it from TX that you pay for the whole trip (on the second day), but the first days drinks are credited back into the program.

Heres the prices. An 8 day cruise is $300 pp plus 15%. Cruises over 8 days will be priced on a per cruise basis.

3 day cruises $55/day

4 day cruises $45. "

5 day cruises $42.50 "

7 day cruises $37.50 "

Plus 15% gratuity.

Thank you for posting!

I was told by someone who had done it from TX that you pay for the whole trip (on the second day), but the first days drinks are credited back into the program.

Can anyone confirm this for me? My hesitation for buying it in Galveston is how much we would spend on embarkation day. Can they go back and adjust the charges? This would make a huge difference for us.

Can anyone confirm this for me? My hesitation for buying it in Galveston is how much we would spend on embarkation day. Can they go back and adjust the charges? This would make a huge difference for us.

When I purchased it on the Triumph a few months ago on day 2, I paid for 4 days of the 5 day cruise. No drinks from day 1 were "credited."

When I purchased it on the Triumph a few months ago on day 2, I paid for 4 days of the 5 day cruise. No drinks from day 1 were "credited."

Thanks for the reply. That was my understanding as well. Now to figure out if our first day purchases will balance out with the cheers the other days to make it worthwhile.

We always cruise from Texas and day one drinks are never included on Cheers and they are never added to Cheers. Cheers can only be purchased on day 2 out of Texas