Sneaking drinks from ports

Velvetwater

Hi

I know there have been countless threads on sneaking alcohol at Embarkation but I haven't seen much about sneaking on alcohol from ports. How often do they check? I know they the usual scanner for your bag but It has me wondering.

Last year on the Baltic cruise a few of us bought a few bottles of Vodka and Russian champagne that were clinking in the bag and were just allowed to board. Similarly we bought some artisan beers in Amsterdam and was allowed on board with them clinking too (all carrier bags were put through scanner). Since this has happened we have been told numerous times that Carnival are MUCH stricter stateside.

So I was wondering...

1)Anyone just been allowed to board with bags of alcohol from port just in carrier bags?

2)Anyone wrapped rum bottles etc and shoved them in your rucksack and been allowed to board?

3)If you have a bottle of drink in your hand when you board do they check that too? (obviously this is a way to sneak)

4)Anyone bought a few beers and been allowed on at securities discretion?

we have always had the bottle taken from us but we have a carnival water bottle holder so we know just fill that up with whatever we want zip the top part so all you see is the cap and put it right through the scanner never have we had that check. one other time we had a big cup from McDonald's and fill it up one 750 ml bottle fit in in and walk right through holding it in the xray never had that check either,

If you board when it is really busy and the liquor check in table is full. Just keep walking we have done this several times and have never been stopped. If they stop you just get in line and check the liquor. Try again at the next port.

I have always purchased the pints with the plastic caps and put them in my cargo pockets, they pass right through the metal detector and you are on your way.

This!!!!!, doesn't even have to be plastic caps.

I have always purchased the pints with the plastic caps and put them in my cargo pockets, they pass right through the metal detector and you are on your way.

Watched the guy in line ahead of me try this on our last cruise and he was caught:eek:

Watched the guy in line ahead of me try this on our last cruise and he was caught:eek:

I wonder if he did something to draw attention. I've never seen extra screening unless setting off the metal detector.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

If you board when it is really busy and the liquor check in table is full. Just keep walking we have done this several times and have never been stopped. If they stop you just get in line and check the liquor. Try again at the next port.

Agree

Go when there is a long line....

Make NO eye contact....

Keep walking....

Was told to check my two bottles of tequila in. Walked past never stopped. No I did not drink them on the cruise. Rum poured into two water bottles never questioned about them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks!All this info is really helpful

We have our eye on some specialty liquors in ports but dont want to take them home as our luggage would probably go over airline's weight limit.

Having them on the ship would allow us some real drinks in the right geographical area too :)