Intercontinental or Le Meridien - reasking because the info disappeared!

I know I saw a thread here with opinions about which hotel is better to be "stowed" at before your flight out, the Beachcomber or the Le Meridien. The "board gremlins" someone referred to must have eaten it. Our TA told us we are going to be at the Intercontinental should we be glad or mad?

Thanks for your opinions!

Things are always changing, but when I was there summer of 2002, balcony cabins went to Meridien, and window cabins went to Intercontinental. My son was at the latter, showed me pictures and really liked it. At the time, they were in the middle of rather extensive renovations. It's only for a few hours, and I'm sure you'll be happy at either hotel.

Oh I agree with JHP, while I was at the Le Meridein on a 4 night post stay and loved the hotel, I have read other reports of people loving the Intercontinental. Either is fine for a day room. They also are the nicest hotels on the island.....so you really can't do better.

Todd

3/15/2003 Paul Gauguin

11/10/2003 Mariner - Cruising the Chilean Fjords

4/9/2004 Leaving Lost Wages Land Cruise

11/12/2004 Mariner - Cruising the Mexican Riviera (MINT Cruise)

3.jpg?dc=4675448422710665188

Cruising Radisson - Where I belong!

I've always been confused by the bit about who stays at which one - Going to Tahiti I'm at one, leaving I'm at the other... icon_confused.gif

Phil

upcoming:

Radisson Gauguin, 29 May and 11 Sept 2004

HAL Westerdam 13 & 20 Feb '05

Suz - We had a day room at the Intercontinental on Tahiti on our way home and it was fine - very nice, in fact. (Following our PG cruise, we stayed on Huahine for 5 nights, and had the day room to regroup/relax in between our flight from Huahine to Tahiti and our ATN flight to LAX. I wouldn't choose to stay there for several days, but it was great for the short time we were there.

We were in a balcony cabin in Jan and Feb this year (2004 for when the board goes kablooey again and people wonder which May 1 this is) and we had our day room at the Intercontinental. It was fine. We showered and napped and it was quite comfortable. The food there is marginal, but that's the way it is all over Tahiti.

MarnaLou

Hmm, We are in a Cat. B veranda room on the cruise and were told we're at the Intercontinental - think they moved everyone there because of this construction or should we be at the Meridien?

Maybe now that the renovations are complete, they consider this the more attractive property, who knows? The pictures my son took were really nice. Pretty pool bar, and wonderful sunset views.

I stayed at both the Le Meridien and the Intercontinental. They are both almost the same but if I had to choose I would take the Intercontinental. The pool at the Le Meridien is nicer. Food at either is average but this is Papeete not L.A. or N.Y so you can't expect much anyhow.

Archived