Xelha

shelling4life

My sister wants her husband and us...group of 4 to go to Xelha theme park area from Costa Maya. We are coming in on Norwegian Sun last week in Oct 2014. Friday Oct 30th. I just have a clue how much time it would take to get to Xelha, and if Taxi would be expensive?

Does any one know how far this location is from Costa Maya Norwegian Port? Is this a tendered port?

Thanks for any info....

Xelha is in Cancun. It's about 220 miles from Costa Maya. It'll take you 4-5 hours to get there and equal time to get back. Your ship won't be in Costa Maya that long.

Are you stopping in Cozumel? Perhaps she meant to go there from Cozumel. However, you're talking about an hour and a half from Coz to Xelha, including the ferry, but not the wait time for the ferry. So, you've already limited your time on shore by 3 hours plus. And you'll need to pay close attention tot he return ferry times as they leave every other hour. I believe the Sun stays on Eastern time, where as Mexico is on Central so ship time(departure time) will be a hour ahead of Cozumel time. You'll need to plan accordingly.

• 4 weeks later...

Would not drive all the way up there from Costa Maya. Xel-Ha is more or less next to Tulum and that is a 3 hour drive away. On another note, we did this excursion when Carnival used to dock at Calica (Playa del Carmen). It was great and we did have lots of time. The park is so big, I would not even do this excursion when docking in Cozumel, you need time for this one, the park is fantastic!