CroisiEurope single cabin

squarevanman

Still overjoyed by my CroisiEurope experience on the Douro I have taken the plunge and booked the Po and Venice for next year. Normally I book a tour operators package, but as I want to catch the train to Rome for a few days after I have booked direct. Being a solo traveller (neither of my sons want to cruise) I am always paying a hefty supplement for a single cabin. I was informed by the sales rep that they had a single cabin available and no supplement would be charged as it is a purpose built single and smaller in size. As I only need a cabin to sleep, wash and change in I jumped at the idea and saved myself over £200 in the process.

Of course I will write a review upon my return.

David

Still overjoyed by my CroisiEurope experience on the Douro I have taken the plunge and booked the Po and Venice for next year. Normally I book a tour operators package, but as I want to catch the train to Rome for a few days after I have booked direct. Being a solo traveller (neither of my sons want to cruise) I am always paying a hefty supplement for a single cabin. I was informed by the sales rep that they had a single cabin available and no supplement would be charged as it is a purpose built single and smaller in size. As I only need a cabin to sleep, wash and change in I jumped at the idea and saved myself over £200 in the process.

Of course I will write a review upon my return.

David

You do know that this is more like a bus tour with the boat as your hotel than a cruise. We rented an apartment in Venice in June. Our closest vaporetto stop was San Basilio which is on the Giudecca Canal facing the Hilton Molino Stucky. The CroisiEurope boat was docked on the Zattere just down from San Basilio for three of the nights we were there. They weren't cruising anywhere.

You do know that this is more like a bus tour with the boat as your hotel than a cruise. We rented an apartment in Venice in June. Our closest vaporetto stop was San Basilio which is on the Giudecca Canal facing the Hilton Molino Stucky. The CroisiEurope boat was docked on the Zattere just down from San Basilio for three of the nights we were there. They weren't cruising anywhere.

Thanks yes I have been looking at this one for a couple of years and it is just right for me. The itinery does have 3 nights in Venice.