When do they assign cabins - how far out from cruise?

kbalthaser66

I just booked a Balcony guarantee for August 24th on the Carnival Magic. Booked directly with Carnival on about about July 30 and found out today just about 5 days later. I'm Platinum if it makes a difference. Ended up on Deck 9 Mid Ship

We got our room assignment 3 days before our Pride cruise in February--I received a very nice midship balcony room (8D). Currently, I have a guarantee room I'm waiting to be assigned for a cruise leaving in 47 days--again on the Pride. Hoping I get this room assigned sooner than the last time. I actually don't think that VIFP status plays any part in the actual room assignment or when the room is assigned. No rhyme or reason involved in this, IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My PVP told me it is typically assigned first booked first assigned, starting 30 days from sailing. Depends on what employee is assigned to the ship on how fast they work to get the cabins assigned.

I'm 47 days out, and looking forward to finding out my assignment too.

Edited by cbCRR

On the September 6th Sailing? Did you book balcony, OV or inside guarantee?

Yes, the Freedom 9/6 sailing. I originally booked a porthole room but I called my PVP two weeks ago and he said he could upgrade me to a balcony guarantee for free. They gave us a 8E balcony on the panorama deck, which I am very happy with.

We received our balcony gty. 25 days before sailing (Fascination August 25). Very happy with our cabin location, it's not under the galley, so I'm happy, happy, happy.

This is our first guarantee cabin, but it was a last minute booking, so we were ok with whatever we received.

Happy Cruising!

Am I safe to assume that the cabin assignment will show up on my cruise details in my Cruise Manager section of Carnival? It is currently showing my stateroom as "to be assigned".

Thank you all for your help in answering my questions - Cruise Critic is a wonderful place for those of us who have questions to ask seasoned cruisers.

Kristine

Yes, the Freedom 9/6 sailing. I originally booked a porthole room but I called my PVP two weeks ago and he said he could upgrade me to a balcony guarantee for free. They gave us a 8E balcony on the panorama deck, which I am very happy with.

Congratulations!

We booked inside gty because it was real cheap during past guest sale (probably how you got the upgrade) and we were able to get my husband's vacation request approved asap. We had no intentions of sailing this year after 2 big cruises last year and than purchasing motorcycles this year, but my mom told us about the sale and well, we simply couldn't pass up such a terrific opportunity. No cabin assigned yet. We'll take ear plugs & melatonin just in case.

Am I safe to assume that the cabin assignment will show up on my cruise details in my Cruise Manager section of Carnival? It is currently showing my stateroom as "to be assigned".

Thank you all for your help in answering my questions - Cruise Critic is a wonderful place for those of us who have questions to ask seasoned cruisers.

Kristine

Correct

note-these are all damn good assignments saving hundreds of dollars. This time of year the Balcony guarantee is the way to go.

I'll second that....got an extended balcony, 8J on Pride....33 days from sailing...about 4 days after making the switch/upgrade to the balcony guarantee....very pleased.

Kristine

I got my assignment 27 days ahead of the cruise; just to support what others have commented on. It will just show up on your Cruise Manager page when you check your booking.

One thing that may affect your room assignment is how many are in your party. My upcoming cruise is 8/17 is just my wife and I. Carnival assigned us a room just for two (no sofa or coffee table).