Need urgent help for visum china

Mellis2312

We are going on our asia cruise in Sept. On the 7.-9-10- of october the ship stays in beijing, than we have on day on the see and arrive the 12. of october in Shanghai where we stay in a Hotel for 2 days.

My question is, do we need a visum with 2 entrances to China or with 1 entrance?

Big problem, because nobody gives me any answer. SOmebody have been there before? Chines duty is very strict, if there is any mistake they wont let us go on land.

so please, i need urgently help, because our passports are ready for the chinese embassy,

thank you

Google visa companies in your country. They will be able to answer that question or contact your cruise company if you did not use a TA as they would also know. The question is even though you are in their waters do you need two entrances.

The answer is...it depends. Not enough information. The best people to ask is your cruise company. If you want to play it safe because you can't get adequate answers, then go fo a double-entry.

Note that you ship will not spend any time in Beijing. Beijing is inland. You are probably docking in Tianjin which is a city of 10 million people about 125 miles from Beijing. So if you want to go to Beijing, plan some transportation.

We are getting a double entry visa for our trip in Nov. We arrive in Beijing first, then sail away and come back in to Shanghai for a port call. This has been advised to us by Princess Cruises and I also found a good explanation on the Chinese Visas website. Appreciate you are in Spain, but the regulations should be the same.

We are getting a double entry visa for our trip in Nov. We arrive in Beijing first, then sail away and come back in to Shanghai for a port call. This has been advised to us by Princess Cruises and I also found a good explanation on the Chinese Visas website. Appreciate you are in Spain, but the regulations should be the same.

Hi Glen, we will need double entry visas for our cruise as we depart China and visit Korea and Japan before returning to China. From the OP she is saying the ship leaves Beijing and the next port of call is Shanghai. Technically it is from one Chinese city to another Chinese city. If this was done on land then there will be no problem. Only 1 entry visa will suffice. It is like you guys arriving Beijing and then heading to Xian and coming back to Beijing. However on a ship it is different because the ship would be in international waters once it leaves Beijing before returning to Shanghai. That means that the ship and passengers would have left China proper and so on returning to Shanghai, they will need a second entry visa. My view on this. We will be getting our visas at the end of this month.

Hi Glen, we will need double entry visas for our cruise as we depart China and visit Korea and Japan before returning to China. From the OP she is saying the ship leaves Beijing and the next port of call is Shanghai. Technically it is from one Chinese city to another Chinese city. If this was done on land then there will be no problem. Only 1 entry visa will suffice. It is like you guys arriving Beijing and then heading to Xian and coming back to Beijing. However on a ship it is different because the ship would be in international waters once it leaves Beijing before returning to Shanghai. That means that the ship and passengers would have left China proper and so on returning to Shanghai, they will need a second entry visa. My view on this. We will be getting our visas at the end of this month.

Yes, We were told by the Visa office in Toronto that we needed a two entrances to China one for the port for Beijing and one for port Shanghai as the Ship MAY GO into international waters. The cost was only about $20.00 p.p. more. We are awaiting the email currently to say we can go to Toronto to get our Visa on (Thur) 7th Aug.

I think it all depends on the person who is in this moment working in the embassy. Here in the celebrity roll calls, all of them have a multiple entrance.

We had terrible trouble with this, and Celebrity team just turn the back and said we can not help you, only US and Canadian citizen.

We booked the cruise online en Usa. So no help from nobody.

In the end after taking a lot of papers to the embassy, and signing a document which makes me responsable for the 4 of us, they gave us finally a double entry for each 10 days.

Have cruised a lot of times, this is the first time with Celebrity and i just feel terrible. Better to go to any agency, book the cruise there and they will sort you the visa out.

If you have a look in the celebrity rolls going to asia 28 of sept. you can see so many people are having problems with their china visa.

The answer is...it depends. Not enough information. The best people to ask is your cruise company. If you want to play it safe because you can't get adequate answers, then go fo a double-entry.

Note that you ship will not spend any time in Beijing. Beijing is inland. You are probably docking in Tianjin which is a city of 10 million people about 125 miles from Beijing. So if you want to go to Beijing, plan some transportation.

yes it is tanjin. I thought to get a taxi to the station, and get a train to Beijing. Depends for how much money the taxidriver is asking, because we would go there every day. Have been before in Beijing, but want to see the great wall again.

Yes it is hard to get through this process. Look at the Rollcall for Holland America Asia cruise leaving sept 21 and you will see the Chinese Visa is a problem for all -- particularly in the USA at least the different Embassies have different requirements! (One wanted proof of how you GOT TO THE SHIP within the US.)

I suggest you find an agency that specializes in getting you through this. It costs alittle but is well worth it. I know you need multiple entries. Also remember if you are staying in a hotel you will need to show your reservations. For Americans at least they also wanted to see plane reservations going home even though our plane does not leave from China. Very odd.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Just did my husbands for this years business trip and each year they change the rules it is very anal what they want. Do not blame the cruise lines as you would need to be psychic to for see each change. I get the info from the local company doing international Visas and even that changed while I was filling things out online over the last few weeks. I have been filling these out for five years.

Yes it is hard to get through this process. Look at the Rollcall for Holland America Asia cruise leaving sept 21 and you will see the Chinese Visa is a problem for all -- particularly in the USA at least the different Embassies have different requirements! (One wanted proof of how you GOT TO THE SHIP within the US.)

I suggest you find an agency that specializes in getting you through this. It costs alittle but is well worth it. I know you need multiple entries. Also remember if you are staying in a hotel you will need to show your reservations. For Americans at least they also wanted to see plane reservations going home even though our plane does not leave from China. Very odd.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

In the Toronto Visa office they also wanted to know how we were getting to Vancouver. we were fortunate we had printed our entire trip from Toronto and back, two months of traveling it looked like a small book.

Anyway, today we picked up the completed passport with the visa and a beautiful picture of the great wall with alot of Chinese writing around the picture.

I use the Markham office and have never in the six applications had them ask for flight info.

Hi, could you tell me where the Markham office is? Or is it a travel agency that is doing it on your behalf? We have an agency and they are charging another $28.00 to take it to the downtown office for us. As I work in Markham and there is an office close by, then I can do it myself. Thanks for your help. Have a great day.

• 1 month later...

Since it cost the same for single or multiple entry visas, go for the multiple entry. I just got my visa and it is good for one year @ 90 days per visit. Given how much it cost me $195 each for me and my wife ($145 visa $50 service company). I think I'll do another China trip before the Visa expires!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since it cost the same for single or multiple entry visas, go for the multiple entry. I just got my visa and it is good for one year @ 90 days per visit. Given how much it cost me $195 each for me and my wife ($145 visa $50 service company). I think I'll do another China trip before the Visa expires!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But this is only true for Americans.