New to MSC- what CAN we carry on?? Bottle Water??

11toCruisePlease

Being new to MSC, and on an upcoming sailing, are we allowed to bring on bottled water to consume in our cabin for the week if we hand carry it ourselves?

Or can we check it like luggage?

I'm used to all our other cruise lines that will allow is to do that.

Much thanks!

Being new to MSC, and on an upcoming sailing, are we allowed to bring on bottled water to consume in our cabin for the week if we hand carry it ourselves?

Much thanks!

MSC officially don't allow the bringing on of any bottled of alcohol or non alcohol drinks.

though bottles of water taken off the ship on excursions are generally allowed back on

What is on offer is the Alligressimo All inclusive package, which is thought of by most guests who order it to be one of the best value AI packages there is and may well be worth invetsigating.

It covers wines , beers, cocktails (All from a selection off the drinks menu, it doesn't include bottled beer or premium brands) it also includes soft drinks , water, decent coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice, and ice cream.

There are certain restictions applied such as all people sharing a cabin must have it as well as groups with linked dining arrangements.

other drinks packages are books of vouchers which have an element of discount built in.

You can chance taking on a couple of smallish bottles of water when you board and of course the odd one or two botlles you buy in port but be prepared for them to say they will keep them till the last night of the cruise when they will be returned to you.

pete

Wow. They don't want you to have anything.....

Allegrissmo package or nothing huh....

Are they super secure and rummage through all your luggage??

They xray ALL baggage every time you board

Edited by Skier52

Not to sound cheap but yikes, the drink package is expensive for a week.

Hmmmmmmm

Something to consider I guess.

Been used to out good ol' US cruise lines to allow things like water and other things.

Thanks all!

Like Skier has mentioned,,why not purchase the Allegrissimo Escape??

Carnet of 15 vouchers entitling you on whole range of drinks included in Allegrissimo Classic all inclusive package. If you want to explore our Drink List and enjoy a glass of wine, a cocktail, a glass of draft beer, your favorite liquor, a non-alcoholic drink or even a cone of our home-made ice cream, the ALLEGRISSIMO ESCAPE is a perfect option for you! The vouchers can be used in all bars and restaurants during entire cruise.

$72.00 per person is a great deal.

Edited by Mikesa1721

Not to sound cheap but yikes, the drink package is expensive for a week.

Hmmmmmmm

Something to consider I guess.

Been used to out good ol' US cruise lines to allow things like water and other things.

Thanks all!

The thing to do is price up what you think you will drink from one of the threads showing drinks prices and add on 15% for the service charge and work out what it will cost anyway. BTW you'll probably underestimate what you will drink , so you have to remember all meals (minimum 3 but more likely 4 or 5) evening before/ after the show drinks and any late night caroussing you may do.

Example doing the med prices which I have to hand

Summer med prices(2013) were

Average

Draught beer €5

wine (glass) €5

cocktail €4.00 - 6.50

soft drinks €2.50

so two beers, one glass of wine ,one cocktail and 2 soft drinks = €24 - 26.50 per day add on the 15% and that's the price of the AI package covered already. (€26pppd in the med)

Of course you'd have to do the USA version in $

it isn't expensive when you look at it like that, it just looks expensive when you multiply the daily cost by 7 to give the total weekly cost

I did not have any issues with bringing small amounts of beer, soda or water in my checked luggage or onto the ship daily after a stop. Be reasonable with what you try to bring onboard and avoid wine or spirits. That seems to be what they are on the lookout for as we have seen many folks get stopped for this. Everything goes through the x-ray and you can clearly see cans, but I was always waved through.

That said, I find the Allegrissimo to be a great value. I drink a lot of coffee and that alone almost covers the cost. I would not cruise without it.

Enjoy your cruise.

Now, what you mentioned

"...I did not have any issues with bringing small amounts of beer, soda or water in my checked luggage or onto the ship daily after a stop. Be reasonable..."

That makes sense to me. That to me is the good ol, "I'll bring some AND purchase some."

Give me my due and I'll give you yours.

The way it's always been with other cruise lines with small amounts to bring on and enjoy.

I've always done that.

So it can be done. If you will.....

Not trying to beat the system.... More like work with the system.

:mad:

Much thanks!

I was told "NO" for any water,

soda or liquor and when I got to the port to check in I saw people with cases of juices soda and water on small shopping carts.They got on with out a problem. Boy was I mad.

:mad:

I was told "NO" for any water,

soda or liquor and when I got to the port to check in I saw people with cases of juices soda and water on small shopping carts.They got on with out a problem. Boy was I mad.

Were they crew members?

I was told by one of them they could bring their own supplies on board

Edited by Skier52

I can't confirm if they were crew but they had a couple of kids with them and I questioned them about it, they didn't say if they were or not. I would think they would have mention it if that were the case. Also, they weren't the only ones, several people had cases. But then I guess you would have to see for yourself. I wouldn't want to sway you the wrong way. I myself am going to bring Diet soda and water if they take it away no big loss right?

I can't confirm if they were crew but they had a couple of kids with them and I questioned them about it, they didn't say if they were or not. I would think they would have mention it if that were the case. Also, they weren't the only ones, several people had cases. But then I guess you would have to see for yourself. I wouldn't want to sway you the wrong way. I myself am going to bring Diet soda and water if they take it away no big loss right?

True. A case of water is $3. I have always wrapped up a 24 pack in packing tape and put my cabin number on it and away with it. Pretty much has found my room every time.

Ok. So, I'm looking into this Allegrissimo package stuff again.

You guys are mentioning the "escape" package but I do to see that one.

All I see is the-

Allegrissimo Adult

Allegrissimo Classic

Allegrissimo premium

And with that said, only the premium includes liquor?

And, if I want the premium and my beautiful other half wants the classic, can we do that?

Or does it have to be the same package??

Thanks to all for answering.

All I see is the-

Allegrissimo Adult

Allegrissimo Classic

Allegrissimo premium

And, if I want the premium and my beautiful other half wants the classic, can we do that?

Idk if it matters but I'm referring to a Caribbean sailing Oct 4th.

All I see is the-

Allegrissimo Adult

Allegrissimo Classic

Allegrissimo premium

Classic is all drinks without an asterisk on the menus.

Premium is anything you want including mini-bar, room service, pastries, gelato.

Escape is the voucher version of Classic. 15 vouchers per book. If you occasionally drink they might be better.

We bought Classic for our 19 night cruise and easily spent more. Factor in water, coffee, drinks with meals etc and you can easily hit 44$ per person

Edited by moomoocow

Classic is all drinks without an asterisk on the menus.

Premium is anything you want including mini-bar, room service, pastries, gelato.

Escape is the voucher version of Classic. 15 vouchers per book. If you occasionally drink they might be better.

We bought Classic for our 19 night cruise and easily spent more. Factor in water, coffee, drinks with meals etc and you can easily hit 44$ per person

On the classic, does anyone know the exact list?

We have cruised several times with MSC and have taken our soda on in our checked baggage every time. We also have a couple of cans in our carry-ons with us so that we will have our soda during the day. My DH drinks Tab and I only drink Pepsi and the cruise lines don't carry Pepsi or Tab. The water we drink straight from the tap so I have never taken water on board except when we were in ports and we purchased a bottle there.

With saying that it is never more than a 12 pack of soda each for a 7day cruise so not an excessive amount of soda.

Hope this helps.

Gerry

According to their website it's vouchers only.

But there's and all you can drink package for soda and alcohol.

Different.

Hi guys, just looking at the bar menu so if you have the premium package there is nothing you can't have? Does that include bottles of wine?

The stuff with the red star by them are not included on the classic package? Am I reading that right?

Just trying to work out best option.

I take it on top of those prices you add the 15% charge?