MIA transportation to Miami IC hotel

bonvoyaged

Most likely two minivan cabs. Once you walk outside after you collect your luggage there is a taxi coordinator who will hail the appropriate transportation. :)

Sorry to hijack the thread.

I am going to make this journey in a few weeks and know I have to tip the driver but do you tip the taxi coordinator as well if he sorts out a cab for you. If you do, how much?

We dont have a tipping culture in this part of Spain and I definitely dont want to upset anyone.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

I am going to make this journey in a few weeks and know I have to tip the driver but do you tip the taxi coordinator as well if he sorts out a cab for you. If you do, how much?

We dont have a tipping culture in this part of Spain and I definitely dont want to upset anyone.

You do not have to, but if he is helpful a dollar or two will make his day. :)

I lived in El Puerto de Santa Maria while stationed at the Naval Base in Rota a long time ago -- those were great years and I envy you for being able to live in such a wonderful part of the world.

Edited by JohninDC

I found it was easy to use a limo service for transportation from the Miami Airport to the IC with my party of eight. They were waiting for us at baggage claim and we were out and gone right away. Sometimes have a line for cabs at the airport depending on time of day. Also liked the idea that we all stayed together with our luggage.

You do not have to, but if he is helpful a dollar or two will make his day. :)

I lived in El Puerto de Santa Maria while stationed at the Naval Base in Rota a long time ago -- those were great years and I envy you for being able to live in such a wonderful part of the world.

Nice to meet a fellow Portuense and yes it is a wonderful part of the world.

Thanks for clearing up the tipping thing for me. As I see it we have two choices for getting to the Intercontinental. Either we take a cab or take the Train and People Mover. My preference is for the train and people mover simply for the experience. Though I suspect after a 9hr flight we will just want to get it over with and go with the taxi option.

Nice to meet a fellow Portuense and yes it is a wonderful part of the world.

Thanks for clearing up the tipping thing for me. As I see it we have two choices for getting to the Intercontinental. Either we take a cab or take the Train and People Mover. My preference is for the train and people mover simply for the experience. Though I suspect after a 9hr flight we will just want to get it over with and go with the taxi option.

This is my personal opinion but I would never go through that hassle of lugging around luggage to train and people mover, getting up stairs, down stairs etc after a 9 hour flight......

We always take a taxi to the Intercontinental, fare is reasonable and usually takes us about 20 minutes to arrive at the hotel. Good luck!

This is my personal opinion but I would never go through that hassle of lugging around luggage to train and people mover, getting up stairs, down stairs etc after a 9 hour flight......

We always take a taxi to the Intercontinental, fare is reasonable and usually takes us about 20 minutes to arrive at the hotel. Good luck!

I'm with you! :cool: