Tips For First Time Cruisers....

Barsnikel

While most may be true and/or good advice, YMMV. Ex: Sodas ARE complimentary on Disney cruises. Alcoholic beverages ARE included on luxury-level cruise lines. Cruisers should check specifics regarding the cruise they are about to take and ask questions on the respective Cruise Critic boards. It's all about learning and sharing on these boards.

All good advice.

Best of the lot was the last one.... forget the internet... this will allow you forget about work and, more importantly, to talk to each other and not sit around staring at screens as is (sadly) all too common these days.

Edited by Jono 70

I think it's great that you provided this list, but some of the info is very specific to Carnival cruiseline. A lot of the questions about 'what's included' or 'what is additional charge', and 'how do I do laundry' are cruiseline specific.

It's always smart for new cruisers to ask their questions on the board for the line they are considering sailing on.

I think it's great that you provided this list, but some of the info is very specific to Carnival cruiseline. A lot of the questions about 'what's included' or 'what is additional charge', and 'how do I do laundry' are cruiseline specific.

It's always smart for new cruisers to ask their questions on the board for the line they are considering sailing on.

Agreed. That's why I made the disclaimer up front. This was initially made for Carnival, and people should check their respective cruise lines.

But hopefully, it will give people the necessary tools to ask the right questions. It's all about setting expectations, so that no one is caught by surprise