San Juan late day arrivals

klr6773

Hi everyone,

I've done a bit of searching on this forum for some ideas. We will be on the Independence of the Seas next August. The ship doesn't arrive in San Juan until 4pm on a Tuesday. It seems really weird to me,seeing that so many of the popular things to do are just about closed for the day by the time we debark.

Question 1- any ideas other than just walking around OSJ and having dinner/drinks? What time does it get dark at that time of year? Wondering if we could play 9 holes at least?

Question 2-( if anyone even knows why)- why would a line want to dock that late? It looks like RCI itself only offers one excursion at that time of day.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

What time do you leave San Juan? How many hours will you be there?

If you are there until at least 10 or 11 pm, I would suggest kayaking the bio bay at night. We used kayakpuertorico.com It was one of the coolest things we've ever done.

Edited by Loving My Life

Hi everyone,

I've done a bit of searching on this forum for some ideas. We will be on the Independence of the Seas next August. The ship doesn't arrive in San Juan until 4pm on a Tuesday. It seems really weird to me,seeing that so many of the popular things to do are just about closed for the day by the time we debark.

Question 1- any ideas other than just walking around OSJ and having dinner/drinks? What time does it get dark at that time of year? Wondering if we could play 9 holes at least?

Question 2-( if anyone even knows why)- why would a line want to dock that late? It looks like RCI itself only offers one excursion at that time of day.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

It's dark around 6:30pm year round- so you won't get too much daylight. But one of the highlights is visiting the Bio-Bay's, which glow in the dark.

We had a 3-9pm day there once on the Enchantment. But it seems as if most do half days in San Juan- so 7-3 or 3-9. Not sure why.

The ship is there until 11 (IOS) ..

Excellent! Love that both of you suggested something that we would definitely enjoy doing ! I will look into that for sure!

Many thanks...I'd rather not just walk around.

Edited by klr6773