Return Flight out of Galveston

tigstoy

I am checking into our flights for a cruise we have booked in February on the Navigator.

We will be flying into/out of Hobby Airport. How early of a flight is it comfortable to book a return flight? We have the transfer booked with Royal Caribbean between the Galveston port and Hobby airport.

I would like to book the 10:30 am flight but didn't know if I would be pushing my luck that early.

Edited by tigstoy

I am checking into our flights for a cruise we have booked in February on the Navigator.

We will be flying into/out of Hobby Airport. How early of a flight is it comfortable to book a return flight? We have the transfer booked with Royal Caribbean between the Galveston port and Hobby airport.

I would like to book the 10:30 am flight but didn't know if I would be pushing my luck that early.

Well...let us work backwards. For a 10:30 am flight they will start boarding at 10:00.

How long will it take (once at Hobby) to be dropped off, get through security and walk (run) to the gate? At most airports I have been through the average is probably 20-30 minutes so we are now at 9:30.

Under ideal traffic conditions it takes 45 minutes to actually drive from Galveston to the airport...so now we are at 8:45 am.

NOTS normally is scheduled to dock at 7:00 am when she returns. That leaves, under the best of circumstances, 1 hour and 45 minutes to have the ship cleared, get off, go through customs, and get to the transfer.

Will your family/group be the only ones on the transfer or will other passengers also be riding? That would make a huge difference. Personally, I would not attempt to make such an early flight.

Ask Royal Caribbean. Cruise lines will tell the earliest flight time you can book that they will accept responsibility for getting you the the airport on time. Whatever they tell you, believe them.