Bridge Camera on Insignia

roothy123

Hi. Can I assume there is still a bridge cam on Insignia and that it can be viewed on the TVs in the staterooms? We're in an inside stateroom and I like to "look outside" sometimes without actually going outside! Thanks.

Hi. Can I assume there is still a bridge cam on Insignia and that it can be viewed on the TVs in the staterooms? We're in an inside stateroom and I like to "look outside" sometimes without actually going outside! Thanks.

Yes, indeed. Your access to seeing where the ship is going is still available on the stateroom TV.

We did the Inaugural cruise in June. You were asking also about the refurbishments. Having never been on Insignia before, I can only compare the way it looks now to the way Marina looked when we cruised on her twice. I was very pleased with all aspects of Insignia's appearance. The common areas absolutely sparkled. Our room on deck 6 had a very obstructed (partial) view but I knew that when we signed on. The carpet was so new that the fuzz was coming off of it. My only complaint would be the room phone which was attached to the wall and couldn't easily be accessed if the twin bed was pushed up against it!

Everything on the ship was polished and bright for the Inaugural. The top brass of the company were on board so you can believe everything was done to make it an excellent cruise! And that it was.

If you have any other specific questions I'd be happy to try to answer them.

Thank you. I guess it will still be a push and pull between my husband and I. I love the bridge cam (as we'll likely be in an inside cabin) and my husband will get sick of seeing that picture with the music playing and want to change it!

No questions about the refurbishment. Looks are actually one of the least important factors to me (although I have to admit that after cruising on another cruise line in February, I did notice the difference in maintenance, especially in places like the pool and sun decks). Any way, some folks on the Roll Call were asking about the refurbishment, so I was looking for information a while back for them. Hope you enjoyed your inaugural cruise on Insignia! I've never been in an ocean view, and especially not the smaller obstructed view ones, but the inside cabins aren't bad.

We haven't been on one of the small ships for a few years, so I'm anxious to see if I still like the small ship experience as much as I used to. (I was afraid when we cruised Marina I would find it too crowded and big, but the extra restaurants made up for the lack of smallness, privacy, or whatever you want to call it.)

Actually I do have a question: Do you remember where you can go outside on Insignia, lower than the pool deck? I think it's possible on the deck which has the main dining room, but I forget. That's one of the very few things I didn't like on Marina, as I'm a photographer staying in inside cabins: to be outside, you had to go way up top to the pool deck, sun deck or Terrace. I was always looking down on things from up there!

Thanks for the bridge cam info!