Do "Suite" Passengers Get Real Luggage Tags?

dongordon

I was told this Monday that luggage tags do not get mailed out unless you actually complete docs on line! It is that address they use to mail your luggage tags! I then promptly completed everything. Now waiting to see if they show up in the mail! Just under 30 days to go. I also requested a preconxierge letter by email. Still do not have that!

If that is the case, then that is probably the reason why I never received them in the mail after the online luggage tags were "launched". I have not received luggage tags in the mail for many years, also when they a few years used to send luggage tags for all cabin categories and not only for suites. I usually finish the online check-in just a week before the cruise date, so if that is the address they are using (all though I have had the same address for 10 years), then that explains why I didn't receive it in the mail.

That said - I really don't see any problem with printing them out myself, then I cut out my name and address from a business card and glue it on before I laminate the whole thing, punch a hole in it an put a string through it.... I am fortunate to have a husband who love all kinds of gadgets, so we actually do have a laminating machine at home. But transparent scotch tape is usable as well....

771276364_Luggagetag.jpg.b4e4f2197c8d8e7f5ed6082efe2d5493.jpg

Edited by TrumpyNor

For those that are printing their luggage tags out, what do we do with them? Do we attach them or bring them along to hand over to the baggage porter?

We just attached them to our suitcases when we are ready to go to the port.

This is true, I'm not sure "priority" really does much anyway. Also, like someone above said you can always get the normal sticky-back ones from the porters at the pier.

Every porter I have seen had Xeroxed pieces of white paper and either a stapler or a rubberband...flimsy and looked like they would be lost easily...

Every porter I have seen had Xeroxed pieces of white paper and either a stapler or a rubberband...flimsy and looked like they would be lost easily...

Hmm, I'm not sure, I would have sworn that when we left out of NYC on the Gem last month the porters had a podium where it looked like they had blank green colored tags. I thought I saw one of he porters writing a room number on one of them while we were waiting there. It was very busy though so perhaps it was on someone's printed tag, I don't know.

Not always.

I was a group leader' date=' in a suite, from the US; no luggage tags. Though all the members of my group did. Go figure![/quote']

Go figure, at least your group got them rather than printing cheesy paper ones

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hmm, I'm not sure, I would have sworn that when we left out of NYC on the Gem last month the porters had a podium where it looked like they had blank green colored tags. I thought I saw one of he porters writing a room number on one of them while we were waiting there. It was very busy though so perhaps it was on someone's printed tag, I don't know.

Well, I did say the porters I have seen...

More specifically Port Canaveral comes to mind. And it was the porter who approached me, specifically. Perhaps it depends on their union or whether they provide them or not?

My upcoming cruise is less than 30 days away and we are booked in an H cabin and have not received anything. We also did not receive anything in the mail last year when we were in an S cabin. We printed our own out, and it didn't make any difference that it said PRIORITY, they still delivered it to the wrong cabin (which was not a suite, or anything either). Luckily I saw it outside the wrong cabin and grabbed it. We have a US mailing address and have not upgraded. In fact we have been booked on this cruise for about 14 months now. So to answer the question....not always. :D