Something new to do?

just4steven

Just looking for something maybe a little different as we are pretty familiar with St Thomas and St John from staying several times on land based vacations. When we stay it is usually at Sapphire Beach and since the facilities reopened we might even consider just going back there for the day.

We have never done the 99 Steps/Blackbeards and that sounds interesting, unless someone says other wise??? We drove up the hill to where the skyride let's you off, but never actually took the skyride, but I doubt we will waste the money on that. We thought about renting a car and going west to Brewers beach as we have never been there and just driving around the west side a little as we only did that briefly once. We are highly considering Soggy Dollar as we have never been over to Jost! :D The only problem with that is for some reason when we are doing all this water travel on a boat, when we do excursions we just aren't thrilled with getting off a boat to get on another smaller boat. I know, it sounds silly, but we are already going to do it in St Lucia so we are trying to limit it if possible.

Also those helicopter tours, while a little pricey look GREAT! And pretty much everything else we have done before like all the popular beaches, walking around the Annaberg Ruins on St John, to even checking out Tillet gardens on St Thomas. Oh, and we even had to shop and Home Depot once but that's a whole different story.

So after all this babbling, does anyone have any ideas for doing something different for a cruise stop day? Anything I might have mentioned we have not done yet that was fun or we should definitely avoid? Oh, and we never did Magic Ice but I'm not too excited about that, lol. If it helps any, one day while staying there we did the Greathouse, then down to Magans and got a table away from the crowds, then stopped at the milkshake place (if it's still open) and it was an awesome day! We did also stop and Smith Bay on the way back to Sapphire so that helped too.

Hmmmm, I'll shut up but it sounds like just renting a car and doing our own thing might be the best idea since we are familiar with navigating STT.

/end rant

It depends on how adventurous you want to be. Historic Hassel Island is a great tour - much better than Blackbeard's Castle.

There's a new fish spa in Red Hook where the fish nibble away your rough skin. Very different!

Zipline. Flyboard. Underwater scooters. Discover scuba. Hike Magens. Go to Water Island.

We just got back from a 10 day trip to St Thomas and our house overlooked Magen's Bay. I think a trip to the beach and a milkshake on the way out sounds perfect! Our 14 year old favorite day was taking the 5 minute ferry to Water Island and renting a golf cart for the day. We took our own snorkel gear and swam with a sea turtle. There is a great beach bar and restaurant on Honeymoon Beach and restrooms.

Ahhh, thank you both! I totally forgot about Honeymoon Beach and Water Island! We never got over there and would like to experience it so that is probably at the top of our list right now! (or maybe Hassel but we will probably stick with the less adventurous route and do Water)

Thanks again!