Celebrity Newbie - Classic Package Perk for 2 - but 3 in the cabin

JohnBoy in NC

Hi

Excited about my first upcoming Celebrity Summit cruise in (sigh) January 2016...but thanks to the board here for the M-class tips/sweet 16 cabin info, I snagged one of those!

A question for you experts - I did a search but could not find a clear answer. I am looking at a Reflection sailing in December 2014 and taking our daughter with us ....so there would be 3 in the same cabin.

Now I seem to have read that if your select the drink package perk for 2, that the 3/4 guests automatically get the non-alcohol beverage package. Is this ALWAYS the case or does it vary by Celebrity promo? If not, does the 3rd person have to buy some sort of drink package?

Many thanks

John in NC

UPDATE:

I just heard got an email from my TA:

"the classic beverage package is only available to passengers 1 and 2, the 3rd passenger gets a reduced cruise fare, no beverage package is currently offered" ... so I assume it just varies per Promo.

John in NC

When one books using the 123GO offer, the usual 3 offers to pick from are for the first 2 Pax, and each must choose the same Perk (2 Classic Alcohol Pkgs -or- 2 Prepaid Grats -or- 1 OBC based on the Cabin Category).

Usually under this 123GO offer... Additional Pax in the same cabin get both a Classic Non-Alcohol Pkg which they can upgrade* if they are of legal drinking age and also some Internet minutes

* To upgrade, call Celebrity, and say you want to purchase a Beverage Upgrade PKg (ie from Classic Non-Alcohol to Classic Alcohol) you will be charged the daily difference x the number of nights of your cruise PLUS 15% for Compulsory Bevvy Grats

If you are looking at any other Celebrity Offer than the familiar 123GO one, circumstances could be different

For example right now on their website they have a Pick Your Perk promo on that has 4 options not the usual 3 (the 4th is reduced fares for all in the cabin when using ChoiceAir combined with your cruise).

If that is your choice... Then ya things are different

I notice there is NO Bevvy Pkgs & Internet Minutes for additional Pax under this offer

See here... The fine print = http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/pick-your-perk?icid=hp_bt_pckyrp_1408_spyp_lk_795230

In truth, even if this isn't the offer you booked under... ALL Celebrity Offers should be well read before booking as they can be different from one another and Celebrity does change things up regularly (enough so to confuse everyone... And leave you wondering if you truly got a good deal or not)

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

If you are looking at any other Celebrity Offer than the familiar 123GO one, circumstances could be different

For example right now on their website they have a Pick Your Perk promo on that has 4 options not the usual 3 (the 4th is reduced fares for all in the cabin when using ChoiceAir combined with your cruise).

If that is your choice... Then ya things are different

I notice there is NO Bevvy Pkgs & Internet Minutes for additional Pax under this offer

See here... The fine print = http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/pick-your-perk?icid=hp_bt_pckyrp_1408_spyp_lk_795230

In truth, even if this isn't the offer you booked under... ALL Celebrity Offers should be well read before booking as they can be different from one another and Celebrity does change things up regularly (enough so to confuse everyone... And leave you wondering if you truly got a good deal or not)

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Thanks Sloop-JohnB - it does help. I gathered as much within the first week or so of reading the boards here re: Celebrity Offers. Look forward to trying Celebrity - hopefully before our Jan 2016...1.5 years away...aaauuugghhh.:)

John in NC

Thanks Sloop-JohnB - it does help. I gathered as much within the first week or so of reading the boards here re: Celebrity Offers. Look forward to trying Celebrity - hopefully before our Jan 2016...1.5 years away...aaauuugghhh.:)

John in NC

Glad I could help.

One great advantage to Cruise Critic is I find it is an excellent sounding board to chat with others to determine when a good deal actually comes up (although in truth every cruiser has their own set of needs / wants that determines things for them as well)

Example... We are pretty new to Cruising / Celebrity (2012) and although we love the line we were one of the folks who did not do so well when they changed the Captain's Club Points Program (had 4 points under the old system needed 5 = 1 more cruise to be select). Under the new program that translated to 120 points... Select Level now kicks in at 150 points... That is a lot more than 1 cruise away for us.. So we were very intrigued by the recent offer for Captain's Club members that gave out 25 Bonus Points for cruises booked 9 months in advance. We took advantage of the offer after reading posts here on CC... Knowing that at this time we have risked nothing... Even our down payment is refundable. If prices go down, we will reevaluate the offer we accepted. If prices go up, we'll feel we've made a good deal. Basically we bought on spec. No harm, no foul until Final Payment.

Cheers!