Morning or afternoon sea otter & wildlife cruise?

kittercat85

Looking for any opinions of those familiar with the Sea Otter & Wildlife tours in Sitka. We will be in port from 8 am to 4 pm. We have the option of doing the wildlife excursion at 9 am or 12:15 pm. I'm going back and forth on which time to book. Any opinions on what time might be better - anything like maybe the animals are more active at one time or another - or does it not matter that much? Thanks! :)

It doesn't matter, what time you go on this tour. Instead, I suggest you consider taking a look at your entire port time and how you wish to utilize it. If you have other touring you wish to include then schedule your time using it best.

My preference is for an independent with this particular tour, due to having a preference getting to St. Lazaria and the puffin rookery.

Thanks for your reply. The only other thing on high priority to see in port is Sitka National Historic Park. I've thought about us taking a walk up the Alaska Raptor Center, but it's not heartbreaking if we don't make it.

Thanks for the suggestion about the private tours, I actually did do a little research recently after reading some old threads about the tours. I did see some that said for the private tours they impose a weight limit of 225 and unfortunately my husband is a big guy and is over that, so we're going to stick to the cruise ships excursion. :)