Diamond member benefit

Mister T

Next time on board we will become diamond members. I notice one of the benefits is a complimentary meal at one of the ships alternative dining venues.

Do we get a voucher to use or will they know when we book a table?:confused:

Next time on board we will become diamond members. I notice one of the benefits is a complimentary meal at one of the ships alternative dining venues.

Do we get a voucher to use or will they know when we book a table?:confused:

The benefits will be available after the voyage completed to change a status. So either you have the status already or you won't need to know.

We received a letter in our suite on the day after embarkation.

Unless your already a diamond member now after your last cruise, if so then you will get a voucher for the meal either in Todd english or verandah for Lunch or dinner in a lesser resturant, you get 8 hours of internet time and free wine tasting and 3 cocktail parties and couple of other small extras.

these dont always appear in your cabin on the 1st day

Joined ship July 6, Eastbound TA to continue for 8 days Fiords, then 7 days TA Westbound. Already Diamond member.

Only received one coupon for Todd English, and one wine tasting , one coupon for cocktail party World Club, one coupon for Officers party, these only arrived for during last 7 days of a 22 day cruise. Two other Diamond members at table remarked on the same "lack of perks". Change of staffers who would deal with this, so assume we got lost down the rabbit hole.

I always mention it when I call Todd English to make the reservation, then take the voucher with me when I go. Only lunch is free, there is a small additional charge if you want to go to TE for dinner.

Edited by QE2 fan

Jimsgirl, does that depend on whether you booked a 22 day trip or segments?

We've done the full NY to NY Norway trip and it was counted as one trip. We've also done that same trip getting of in Hamburg and reboarding after Norway and that counted as two trips. We weren't diamond then so there were no worries about amenities but I would imagine we would have received double everything.

Jimsgirl, does that depend on whether you booked a 22 day trip or segments?
I think you've got the answer there Brigittetom, if it was booked as one voyage... then one of everything (so to speak) :( .

If it was booked as three trips (two crossings and a cruise) then the benefits mount up :) .

At least, that's how I read the rules :confused: .

Edited by pepperrn

At the risk of starting a flame storm, imho, this is one area where Princess (among others) beats Cunard. Princess perks for full suite and Elite passengers is much better than what we, as Diamond WC members, received on QV. Not talking about any other aspects, smoking, or (God forbid) Dress Codes. Just referring to the perks for their most loyal past passengers.:D

I think so as well.........especially Cunard. With all the segments they offer....they couldn't possibly give full perks every time they dock. :)

Jim Avery......don't forget that two years ago Cunard announced, to their most loyal passengers, that they wanted to make changes to attract a different demographic. I personally took that as an insult....but I'm not surprised that they aren't hurling perks at us. :D

I think you've got the answer there Brigittetom, if it was booked as one voyage... then one of everything (so to speak) :( .

If it was booked as three trips (two crossings and a cruise) then the benefits mount up :) .

Spot on, Pepper.

I think so as well.........especially Cunard. With all the segments they offer....they couldn't possibly give full perks every time they dock. :)

Jim Avery......don't forget that two years ago Cunard announced, to their most loyal passengers, that they wanted to make changes to attract a different demographic. I personally took that as an insult....but I'm not surprised that they aren't hurling perks at us. :D

Perhaps a future NEW demographic passenger will receive a coupon to wear jeans and a T Shirt on Formal Night.

They still give gifts to the full world cruisers but we really noticed a big difference in the frequency, quality & value of these gifts between 2010 & 2013. Looks like they're penny-pinching.

Edited by QE2 fan

They still give gifts to the full world cruisers but we really noticed a big difference in the frequency, quality & value of these gifts between 2010 & 2013. Looks like they're penny-pinching.

That's not a surprise if the posts here are an indicator of how many passengers sail only on promotional deals. Some here are completely oblivious to how a business remains profitable while charging less for its product or service. The only alternative is to cut the costs of providing that product or service. For Cunard that may be cheaper passenger gifts, smaller pillow chocolates, or reduced dining room staff.

Edited by BlueRiband

Given there is a group of travellers who have sailed well and truly beyond the 150 days needed for Diamond membership, I feel Cunard should add a new level (many airlines are doing this, i.e., gold and then gold elite).

The new level (say, after 600 days) could include the following additional perks:

1. Free Internet

2. Butler service, if travelling in club balcony or above (so, it would extend to Britannia in a limited way)

3. Free laundry and dry cleaning

4. One complimentary wine package (6 bottles - can be exchanged for 2 or 3 bottles of spirits)

5. Complimentary spa pass for the entire voyage

That's too bad.....I understand cutbacks but for some reason, I just love the "gifts". I've noticed the same in the Christmas gifts since 08.

Some here are completely oblivious to how a business remains profitable while charging less for its product or service.

I don't think any one is oblivious. On every voyage that sails with promotional deals, there is a good percentage of passengers that paid full fare. Of course they are going to mention noticing cutbacks.

Not put out that it was only one of each, I just felt that had I received the "benefits" during the first 2/3 days valid until end of voyage I could have used them when the opportunity arose over the following 19 days, instead the "perks " were marked as valid only for last 7 days of trip.

Well not only did I pay full fare, but as a single traveller I also paid 75% of another person's fare. The 1st gift we received was a canvas bag with QM2 World Voyage 2013 on it, if you put anything heavier than a leaflet or hair brush in it, the handle came off. I don't think they ever replaced them, but if you gave them to your steward, they came back newly stitched & strengthened. In 2010 we received a MUCH better bag which I still have to this day.