Best Ship for First Timers?

Tamsha

Okay so further to my previous post about my dilemma, I want to propose AGAIN to my husband about taking our family on a 7 day cruise to the Caribbean (Western) instead of a week in Orlando. I want to get a bunch of facts and photos together. Can you provide me with your opinions on best cruise line or ship at a reasonable price? I see the RC Legend sailing out of Tampa is a decent price but dont know if its the right one. Once again, family of 4, two kids boy 17, girl 12.

Thanks for all your help! I swear I'm going to get him on that ship yet!

Really depends on what you taste are. The Legend is a Vision Family class of ship and doen't have as much as the Voyager Family class of ship on board. I think you would be happy with either class. Check what activites the ships and cruise lines have to offer. Read some of the reviews, and talk to good travel agent. Highly recommend you use a travel agent that is experienced with cruises, they will sit down with you and give you some good options.

Best wishes,

Lon

Everything you want to know about any ship... can be found at http://www.cruiseclues.com scroll down and research your hearts content looking at everything ever found on the internet in one place.

then go to http://www.kroooz-cams.com and view the port cams which you can see by click on the Caribbean..

Okay so further to my previous post about my dilemma, I want to propose AGAIN to my husband about taking our family on a 7 day cruise to the Caribbean (Western) instead of a week in Orlando. I want to get a bunch of facts and photos together. Can you provide me with your opinions on best cruise line or ship at a reasonable price? I see the RC Legend sailing out of Tampa is a decent price but dont know if its the right one. Once again, family of 4, two kids boy 17, girl 12.

Thanks for all your help! I swear I'm going to get him on that ship yet!

IMO the BEST ships for first timers are Royal Caribbean's Voyager class ships! They have EVERYTHING, literally something for everyone and by taking one of those you can see what you like and what you don't. They're the most unique ships at sea, and there's no way anyone could possibly get bored on them! The kids LOVE them, they're VERY family friendly, and they will have lots of other kids their ages to hang out with.

Those are the ships with the ice skating rink, full size basketball court, inline skating, rock climbing wall, mini golf course, huge arcade, gorgeous Promenade down the center of the ship, Johnny Rocket's, and much much more!

Personally I would recommend either the Navigator of the Seas from Miami, or the Mariner of the Seas from Port Canaveral. Those are the 2 newest ships, they have a larger kids area, nicer balconies, and the addition of a Chops Steakhouse that the older Voyager class ships don't have.

I would also recommend an EASTERN Caribbean itinerary over the Western. The islands in the Eastern Caribbean are IMO much nicer, prettier, and have better beaches, as well as much better shopping and other amenities.

Your husband doesn't know what he's missing... If he won't go, FIND A NEW ONE! LOL ;)

Archived