Tuscania excursion

kborth

We will leave it to others to say whether its worth a day trip from Rome. But you can get there on your own by renting a car. It is about a 1 1/2 hour drive from Rome. Tuscania is actually a much easier drive from Civitavecchia on a port day. If you do not want to rent a car I suppose you could arrange for a private car/driver for a few hundred Euros.

Hank

Does your cruise end in Rome? If so I would say contact romecabs about their outside Rome tours and have them meet you at debark. Do the tour and then drop you at your Rome hotel

If Rome is a port stop and you end somewhere else like Venice just do the tour on the port stop day as you will be making your way back to Rome anyway

We did Monserrat at debark in Barcelona this way

It provided a tour right after debark which was hours before our hotel would be ready

It combined a port to hotel limo pickup with a 5 hour tour of Monserrat saving money for us

And the main thing was that it was extremely convenient fun well run and well worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for all the replies.i was thinking of Viator from our hotel in Rome as this town was mentioned in Tom's port guide. We are sailing on a TA FTP Rome and have a hotel booked for the day we disembark. Wonder if they could pick us up at Civitavecchia and drop us off at our hotel . We booked Caesar house near the colosseum .last year we stayed in the Vatican area and found it too far from many of the sights.