HAL from Port Canaveral

wcolucci

Hi everyone...Well we scratched our September 10 cruise on the Zuiderdam due to weather concerns...more my wives I guess than mine but I agree w/ her...worried about flight delays, rough flying and rough cruising, even if we miss a hurricane. Not a great way to get a 11 month old into cruising I guess

I have been searching for cruises for next yr and I noticed Hal is no longer sailing from Port Canaveral. Is there any plan in the future to return?

It made for a nice departure for us as my mother lives in Kissimme and we could visit w/ her a few days before and after, especially now w/ another

Grand Child...(misspelled on purpose).

Of course we could always fly to Orlando, spend a few days in Kissimme and drive to Ft Lauderdale but that seems like a lot of work for a vacation.

Thanks!!!

Sorry, Hal did not renew the contract for Canaveral. There are no Hal ships going out of Canaveral in 2006. I haven't heard about any plans to sail from Canaveral in 2007.

Why not look into Tampa? :) Hal has the Veendam sailing from this port.

I agree that I would like to see HAL stay/come back to Central/North Florida. I had to choose between taking the Glory or the Zuiderdam at the end of the month and choose the Glory for that very reason.

I would prefer HAL and will be on her out of Lauderdale in October, but that is a big drive for most of us in the state, and the world doesn't revolve around South Florida. If anything we are seeing more an more South Floridians moving up here to get away from Dade and Broward counties.

Archived