It's always sunny...just off the Sunshine

medsed

For your review....I'm sailing Sunshine in January 2015 and getting excited already! Will cruise 2 other times on other lines before this one' date=' but they are short ones...Love 7 days on a ship going anywhere!:rolleyes:[/quote']

She's a pretty great ship and we had a lot of fun....I hope you will feel the same way!!

• 4 weeks later...
She's a pretty great ship and we had a lot of fun....I hope you will feel the same way!!

Thanks so much for your in-depth review. I am preparing to book a 2015 trip and think I want to go with deck 11 on the Sunshine. One of my must haves is QUIET! My other concern is being too warm, but it doesnt seem like I will be able to escape that anywhere on the ship :( Can you tell me if the balcony is a nice size, if it is overly windy, and if it is covered and private to provide some good shade? My other option is an aft wrap balcony on deck 7. Trying to see which one wins!

Thanks so much for your in-depth review. I am preparing to book a 2015 trip and think I want to go with deck 11 on the Sunshine. One of my must haves is QUIET! My other concern is being too warm, but it doesnt seem like I will be able to escape that anywhere on the ship :( Can you tell me if the balcony is a nice size, if it is overly windy, and if it is covered and private to provide some good shade? My other option is an aft wrap balcony on deck 7. Trying to see which one wins!

I don't have much to compare it to having been on only one other cruise, I would say it is a tankard balcony with one regular chair and one that reclined and a small table. It was covered and private...do NOT do deck ten in that area if you want privacy...we could see their whole balcony. I sunburn very easily and never found myself exposed to the elements out there. We loved it.

It was very quiet, never saw a child on that deck, could walk right down the hall and be at the serenity pool, no noise from above or below....of course a loud group could change that...as I said we were a bIt warm but never uncomfortable in our cabin. It was very very hot outside as well which may have been part of it.

Great! Was the balcony a nice size, room to stretch out (we plan on doing alot of relaxing on the balcony. maybe even take some naps out there.)? Was it very windy?

its a normal sized balcony...suitable for two people to sit at one or to relax at once. The spa balcony cabin is the same size as a standard cabin as well.