Danali Park Tour Question

KMB2014

I am doing the 11 day Alaska Cruise Tour next week. I received my itinerary and it says that we are scheduled to take the Tundra Wilderness Tour at Denali National Park at 1:30 or 3:30 p.m. Can this be right? I thought it was a morning tour. Is there an advantage to going in the morning as opposed to the afternoon? Has anyone taken this tour in the afternoon before?

I am doing the 11 day Alaska Cruise Tour next week. I received my itinerary and it says that we are scheduled to take the Tundra Wilderness Tour at Denali National Park at 1:30 or 3:30 p.m. Can this be right? I thought it was a morning tour. Is there an advantage to going in the morning as opposed to the afternoon? Has anyone taken this tour in the afternoon before?
What time do you get to Denali? We arrived the night before and went on an early tour, but IIRC there were some going on afternoon tours. I don't know which would be better. In the morning there might be haze but more animals about. On ours we had low clouds and never saw the top of the mountain. Edited by jtl513

What time do you get to Denali? We arrived the night before and went on an early tour, but IIRC there were some going on afternoon tours. I don't know which would be better.

We get into Denali the afternoon before.

We're doing the 11 day next week also starting in Fairbanks then to Denali for a day and on the Anchorage and finally boarding the Statendam in Seward. We booked our own tour in Denali for the 15th since we do not get there until 1:00pm and only spending the one day and night. If you stay more than one day the Tundra Tour is part of the package, I think?

Are we on the same itinerary?

Mike

Columbus, Ohio

I took the tour in the afternoon, and couldn't have been happier about it.

We saw every single wild animal that one could possibly want to see. There was one big grizzly bear just lumbering down the road in front of the bus, so close he could hear us scream in delight!

The weather was perfect (may you be so lucky), and we were able to go as far as the end of the road---somewhere around 89 or 91 miles, iirc. The mountain was out in all her glory.

The only down-side to taking the afternoon tour was that we got back well after normal dinner time. We did eat, even at that late hour, then collapsed into bed.

The Tundra Tour is not offered on our trip, we chose the Wilderness Living and Dog Cart excursion. We are only at Denali one day and do not arrive from Fairbanks until around noon so this excursion was the best for us.

Good luck

We're doing the 11 day next week also starting in Fairbanks then to Denali for a day and on the Anchorage and finally boarding the Statendam in Seward. We booked our own tour in Denali for the 15th since we do not get there until 1:00pm and only spending the one day and night. If you stay more than one day the Tundra Tour is part of the package, I think?

Are we on the same itinerary?

Mike

Columbus, Ohio

Nope. We are not on the same itinerary. We leave from Vancouver on the Oosterdam on the 17th and end our trip in Anchorage after our Denali land tour. Sorry we'll miss you. You are correct. The Tundra tour is included in the 2 night Denali trip.

We had no choice of times. We were on the 1:30 PM tour. Wonderful time! Highlight of our trip. We didn't get back until about 12 AM. But they provide a box lunch but bring extra snacks. Had dinner across the road but limited dining at that time.