Atlantis events LA-Mexico Oct 2014

Hey1984

My Ubby and I are going on this cruise. :D

I wondering if we are going to actually tender in Cabo on Oct 7th.

At this point: Yes. According to Rich Campbell, CEO of Atlantis, his statement today on Facebook was as follows:

We are still waiting for Princess to give us a final word since our cruise is still two weeks away. A lot can happen in that time in terms of cleanup. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I'm so looking forward to this cruise. As a lover of Princess Cruises (my twelfth) I am thrilled to be aboard the first Gay Princess Cruise. Kudos to Princess.

My partner Wally and I cruised Princess for many years and made great friends. Sadly I lost my Wally last year and will be cruising as a single person for the first time in 29 years.

My best friend Michael has agreed to join me on this cruise. This will be his first cruise (gay or straight). I'm sure you will all make him feel welcome. He is from NE PA and I'm in San Diego.

A special thank you to COMBOY for his cruise insights. Can't wait to meet you.

If anyone wants to share shore excursions from off the ship please let me know. We will be in stateroom D704.

Jim (and Michael)

Edited by Xingu

Hi Jim. The feelings are mutual. There is usually a single/solos get together the first evening just after we sail out of LA in one of the lounges so please don't miss it. We all get name tags so hopefully I shall get to meet you and your friend. I've have always met some very nice guys (couples and singles) on these cruises from all over the world. I shall warn you...it ain't like no other Princess Cruise you've been on. So much more fun, but don't worry too much as they have all the traditional Princess stuff you are used to. The entertainment is just fabulous and the whole pool deck is turned into one huge disco with lighting and lasers at night. Gays just know how to party. LOL 11 days to go.

As a lover of Princess Cruises (my twelfth) I am thrilled to be aboard the first Gay Princess Cruise.

Although it is Atlantis's first cruise with Princess, it is not the first gay charter with them. RSVP did Mexico in October, 2006, on the Diamond.

Enjoy the ship boys! From what I can see the layout is going to be a little challenging for the main parties at the pool deck. It looked crowded from the photos I saw on the current charter which ends tomorrow. Bon voyage! :)

Which is why Rich never booked Princess with Atlantis before now. He's always said that those ships wouldn't work for Atlantis. However, there's limited hardware on the Pacific coast, and well, money trumps principles. :rolleyes:

We shall see how it plays out. I can't find any pics of the groove cruise, but it should be a similar issue. Centralized parties in one space.

• 2 weeks later...

I was blown away by the dance spaces. In case you haven't read it on the other threads, the aft pool was covered over with steel casing, and used as a dance floor. Never seen that before and it worked perfectly for first sea day. After that, the cover was removed and the aft pool was available for swimming for the remainder of the cruise.

The Calypso pool (the one with the retractable roof), was converted into a dance floor. Drained, and a scaffold arrangement was built to be level with the "overflow" area. Matting, liner, and astroturf then made it into a seamless space. It worked perfectly. Until debarkation time, when they rolled up the mats and lining. Seems that lots of the small pool tiles stuck to the matting/lining and got pulled up during "load out".

Apologies to the subsequent passengers. However, as a dance space, it worked perfectly.

Edited by HotlantaCruiser